Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Manhattan Traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mossfern View Post
    I drove in NYC all the time, even had a car while I lived there.
    It's an art.
    I've known a few people that lived in NYC, and none of them had a car. Vast majority of new yorkers do not have cars. So, do I dare ask how you did that?
    The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse is trying to pretend I'm not excited. -- SuperDoh.
    I only ever Christmas shop on the 24th of December. Keeps the Scroogian hate running clean. -- Zach.

she kept it in her abandoned apt unit. you know, the one she had paying " tenants " in?
    Moss escapes

Or double parking from 8-11AM so you can park on the other side of the street.
    If you had a 9-5 job you were sunk unless you had someone who could move your car for you.
    Parking now is worse than it used to be - it's part of a campaign to lessen the amour of cars in the city.
    Never drove there during the day after the first time. Took the train. Parked on Pearl or Water for proximity to Lower East. Never ticketed once. Franklin or Leonard, too. (inside baseball, sorry)
    lol-band

Or double parking from 8-11AM so you can park on the other side of the street.
    If you had a 9-5 job you were sunk unless you had someone who could move your car for you.
    Parking now is worse than it used to be - it's part of a campaign to lessen the amour of cars in the city.
    What year was that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Exposing_The_Hate_Tribe View Post
    So P.T.A. is black, Asian, white, jewish, Muslim...and mulatto? The geniuses of the LDL strike again.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    She had no idea soros was a nazi collaborator who turned in his fellow jews for fun and profit during WW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I'm an homorary Jew!
    If I could suck my own cock I would
    Cistern: http://downloadpolitics.com/showthre...=1#post1881748

the year King Kong debuted in theaters.
    Moss escapes

Quote Originally Posted by jirqo adai View Post
    the year King Kong debuted in theaters.

Which King Kong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Exposing_The_Hate_Tribe View Post
    So P.T.A. is black, Asian, white, jewish, Muslim...and mulatto? The geniuses of the LDL strike again.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    She had no idea soros was a nazi collaborator who turned in his fellow jews for fun and profit during WW2.
    I'm an homorary Jew!
    If I could suck my own cock I would
    Cistern: http://downloadpolitics.com/showthre...=1#post1881748

Quote Originally Posted by jirqo adai View Post
    she kept it in her abandoned apt unit. you know, the one she had paying " tenants " in?
    She had a sugar daddy named "Bob". If that's reality, well, it probably happens a lot.

Can she drive a Harley? That's what I want to know. Harley riders tend to be midgetesque. That's just a fact.
    The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse is trying to pretend I'm not excited. -- SuperDoh.
    I only ever Christmas shop on the 24th of December. Keeps the Scroogian hate running clean. -- Zach.

A century ago, talented artists -- some of whom became very famous -- literally lived with and were supported by wealthy patrons of the arts. There was no gubmit welfare for the arts or artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
    I've known a few people that lived in NYC, and none of them had a car. Vast majority of new yorkers do not have cars. So, do I dare ask how you did that?
    Alternate side of the street parking mostly. If you live in NY and have a car, you can do it even though it takes a bit of effort.
    When I was in graduate school, taking the subway was life-threatening (Canarsie Line) so it was worth the effort.
    This was more than 30 years ago and it was certainly possible. One apartment had parking in the building.

Many New Yorkers did have cars.
    I've lived in NJ for 38 years.
    The Big Apple seemed to be rotting from within during the 1970s.
    Crime was everywhere and the city was struggling to deal with a major fiscal crisis.
    The city's subway system wasn't faring much better. Crime, graffiti, and frequent mechanical breakdowns were mainstays of New York subways throughout the decade.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/what-...-1970s-2016-10

https://www.sullivangalleshaw.com/to...new-york-city/
    The Canarsie Line rates #2 in most dangerous. That's the train I needed to go to graduate school.
    After that, I was already adept at the parking game in NYC so preferred the convenience of having a car to more easily leave the city.
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion."

]Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

Quote Originally Posted by PTA View Post
    What year was that?

A decade - 1970's.
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion."

]Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe