Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: 3D stuff I make...

Does tommy make stuff with three dimensions?
    lol-band

Sometimes. Here's a cup similar to the one I posted. https://www.walmart.com/ip/GSI-Ename...vDi1-PC5CbkdTs
    "All right, whatever happens, let's be professionals." ~ Dr. Peter Venkman

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB7973 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB7973 View Post
    Sometimes. Here's a cup similar to the one I posted. https://www.walmart.com/ip/GSI-Ename...vDi1-PC5CbkdTs
    Sorry but I don't see the relevance. That same cup has been made severally almost constantly for probably over 200 years.

It's like $6.50.

The Greater Malefic Unbidden Wrath's Avatar
    Is Tommy 3-dimensional?

Well, depends who you ask. Tommy or anyone else.
    ..................__ ____
    ........___,o` `.-''' ```-._.---------.
    ......'----..__,,_________,,-..____,'
    ................(_\.........(_\

There's something to be said about a guy on an x thousand dollar cgi system who draws coffee cups dating back at least to 1600. I just don't know what it is.

What would you like me to craft using the given 3D software?

A coffee cup incorporates a lathe in addition to some custom curve or point assignment. On top of that you need to be able to construct the handle and connect it to the cup.

It looks easy, but it can get technical... also there are more than one ways to put it together actually... so one way might take a little bit more time than another way. There are books on blender, online tutorials, etc... I make use of learning tools when I feel I need to download some new add on/plug in,... learn some scripting, refresh myself on keyboard shortcuts, what have you.

Do you want me to make something? Search what you want first. For example google or yahoo search "airplane 3d model" and see what is already out there. Yes I know there are tons of coffee cups out there,... but not really exactly like the enamel styled one I put together. Most look like ceramic jumbo mugs/coffee/tea cups or almost bowlish like chowder mugs.

Still thinking ...

Still ... thinking ...