Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 3D stuff I make...

Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post

Originally Posted by lala My Jesus
    Find me. I'm ready to shoot myself. I'm tired, soooo tired of shit people. Tired of fighting to live and love. Tired of it ALL. Just tired. I'm close. I really am.

FIFE
    when yo look at yo wife in bed..DO yo see the back of yo dead bud's head...?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB7973 View Post
    I'll try to get another demo together as soon as I can.

To the rider, you would arrive super fast... it would seem like flying through a tube in a video game using a warp/quantum drive from point A to point B.
    Here's an animated gif for a quick example.
    "All right, whatever happens, let's be professionals." ~ Dr. Peter Venkman

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Mike View Post
    Why would anyone want to subjugate himself to that?
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion."

]Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

Careful, it might go off! cotton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossfern View Post
    Why would anyone want to subjugate himself to that?
    I like it when you use big words
    "Everything is beautiful in its own way"

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB7973 View Post
    Here's an animated gif for a quick example.
    Okay, okay. Seems the block on top is traveling at the same rate of speed it would be going with sufficient thrust without the 3 intermediate levels, and the same acceleration effects and G forces are at play either way. One difference, it seems to me, would be that to go that fast on just the bottom level would require a lot less energy. Yes or no?

For example:

Like I posted earlier, all speed variables would require testing, testing, & more testing. The distance the top "block" or person on a compound conveyor actually walks or travels is only that short rather marginal distance,... while being carried the complete distance/fuel & energy offset by the system.

The block on top is traveling -- quite luxuriously -- the short distance of the path it's on plus the distance of the path below the path it's on plus the distance of the path below that plus the distance of the bottom path. No saving of anything that I can fathom. It's a lot more work, actually.

You're implying that it would be expensive to operate... and that might mean a toll. At the same time faster transportation is required for commerce growth.

Airplane tickets aren't always cheap. Toll bridges are already out there... and some of them lift.

You obviously see the advantage, now you're being critical of the monies associated with it.

It would cost trillions to put one in space using a magnetic rail-gun drive system along with the testing. Right now it's a 3D object or prop. Just like something out of Star Wars. I get it.