Thread: Millennials

Millennials

Bring back trade schools.

Most Millennials Are Finding It Hard to Transition Into Adulthood: Report

In 2015, one-third or about 24 million young adults, ranging from 18 to 34, lived with their parents, according to the report.

"Living in an independent household is expensive and the ability to do so hinges, in part, on young adults' economic resources as well as the costs of rent and home-ownership," the report stated.

While 81 percent of those who live at home are either working or going to school, one in four between 25 to 34 are "idle, meaning they are not in school and do not work" the report stated.

---

They do want to work but are trying to figure out how to go about it in a job market with much different demands and expectations, she said.

"The onramp to middle class takes a lot longer than it did before," Carnevale said.

In the past, you could get by with a high school degree and survive on your own, but that's just not the case anymore, he said. The price of adulthood involve high education costs and housing costs that were previously not a barrier.

"These individuals are the first to go through new demands in a drastically different job force than from one generation prior," he said. So it's no surprise the transition has been bumpy for many.

But one thing that can be done, according to Warnell, is to change the education structure.

"Schools should do more, by not just teaching principles and concepts but the application of these principles and concepts," she said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...report-n748676
    Quote Originally Posted by Exposing_The_Hate_Tribe View Post
    So P.T.A. is black, Asian, white, jewish, Muslim...and mulatto? The geniuses of the LDL strike again.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    She had no idea soros was a nazi collaborator who turned in his fellow jews for fun and profit during WW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I'm an homorary Jew!
    If I could suck my own cock I would
    Cistern: http://downloadpolitics.com/showthre...=1#post1881748

good find.

But, what the hell does "stay woke" me? Do millennials speak ebonics?

" Waters then said she was once a millennial.

"Our millennials are a force. I recognize it. And I was a millennial once," she said. "No longer of course, but I love what you're doing."

She concluded her speech saying, "Stay woke!"

Fusion tweeted a video of her speech, writing, "Aunt Maxine!! @MaxineWaters' surprise millennial #micdrop gives us life."
    Quote Originally Posted by Exposing_The_Hate_Tribe View Post
    So P.T.A. is black, Asian, white, jewish, Muslim...and mulatto? The geniuses of the LDL strike again.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    She had no idea soros was a nazi collaborator who turned in his fellow jews for fun and profit during WW2.
    I'm an homorary Jew!
    If I could suck my own cock I would
    Cistern: http://downloadpolitics.com/showthre...=1#post1881748

I've been advocating bringing back trade schools for decades.
    It was part of one of my rants to my friends.
    There is a County trade school here, but the issue is some people's attitudes about people in the trades.

Some of the higher educated professionals consider tradesmen a bit "lower" than themselves.
    Many of the tradesmen I know are smarter and more informed than many of my college educated friends.
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion."

]Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Mossfern View Post
    There is a County trade school here, but the issue is some people's attitudes about people in the trades.

Some of the higher educated professionals consider tradesmen a bit "lower" than themselves.
    Many of the tradesmen I know are smarter and more informed than many of my college educated friends.
    Let's be honest, your 2 week trip to Israel was fortuitous to say the least. Thanks to your long time friend and confidant Rabbi Harvey Sugarman PHD... everything went as best as anyone could ever expect. Thanks to the Rabbi taking care of all the details ;taking you to the airport and even providing you free front row seat tickets to Jerusalem's Yad Vashem house of horrors.
    And you had good reason to take this long deserved vacation ; rekindle old friendships ,start a few new ones and even a little romance wouldn't hurt.
    Let's face it, romance in Israel may be easy for some but for others it usually takes a bit of perseverance and so, when invited for lunch at the home a long time Israeli friend living in the suburbs of Tel Aviv you of course accepted unconditionally. Knowing that it could possibly mean meeting some available Israeli men eager to date an American Jewess.
    While it may have come as a surprise that the Israeli men your dear friend Ruth Stein had you meet were originally from Kenya ;it didn't take long for Ruth to explain to you that they were really Jews .. unfortunately Black Jews but [not to worry ] very Kosher.
    Unfortunately it was when you arrived back home did you then realize that while the Blacks from Kenya were in fact Jews they only had a botched circumcision to prove it. But why bother with trivial matters [so you thought]
    and today the one lasting memory of your trip to Israel is this stubborn yeast infection and poor Rabbi Harvey Sugarman who still refuses to administer your mikveh until you pass the smell test.
    So go easy on poor Harv and get treated right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mossfern View Post

Who gets paid more?
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyD View Post
    Sox is a latent no no..use iggy and save yourself..
    Quote Originally Posted by PTA View Post
    Mr. Soxes.

GTFO OFF MY GRUMPY CAT THREAD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    I don't believe those are K's. Nice ,but I'm doubting very much those are K's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Persia View Post
    You are disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by submiturass View Post
    Exactly. I know bitches on welfare and they love that extra Food Stamp money. Nice work Mr. Soxes

Quote Originally Posted by okpstman View Post
    I'm not sure how you function day to day.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Foxman View Post
    MY FAVORITE THREAD

BY MR.SOXES IS THIS ONE

HE STARTED IT BY TELLING YOU

A LITTLE DICK JOKE