Thread: A New Epidemic: Alcoholism on the Rise in America

Quote Originally Posted by PTA View Post
    Drug addict^^^^^

I'm going to find a real forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    lol.

Losta luck, Mister.

99% of the places out there will ban your troll BS in under 10 seconds.

"Mon cher Billy, tu es un homme plus masculin, est tres beau, aussi. Son organ masculin c'est incroyable, plus enorme, tous les dames sont tailler un pipe."

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    That sure seems obvious to most of us.
    Tis...

Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    By who's definition? Clearly, if the addiction is no more, there is no addict addicted to the addiction. Lol. Addict is past tense if in recovery, or the person has kicked it. They can always return to being an addict. However, it doesnt stick with anyone who gave it up and doesn't use.
    Calling a person in recovery or clean an addict is insulting at best. Addicts use, people who once did are not considered addicts in the truest sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capri View Post
    By the definition accepted universally by recovering addicts and universally by everyone involved in addiction counselling and treatment.
    Pardon? Universally, WRONG! The concept is shifting. For good reason! Addict does NOT apply to anyone but an addict.

If you don't do drugs you are an addict!
    lol.

Losta luck, Mister.

"Mon cher Billy, tu es un homme plus masculin, est tres beau, aussi. Son organ masculin c'est incroyable, plus enorme, tous les dames sont tailler un pipe."

Pardon? Universally, WRONG! The concept is shifting. For good reason! Addict does NOT apply to anyone but an addict.
    You may be right that the concept is shifting. If so, I'm not aware of it. I'll look into that when I get a chance. Thank you.

Of course "addict" doesn't apply to anyone but an addict. A person who used drugs in the past and became addicted is an addict. In the case of most addictive substances, once a person is addicted that person will remain addicted. That person may be able to stop using whatever it is they're addicted to. That doesn't make them no longer addicted. It makes them a recovering addict. They no longer use the addictive substance but they're addicted to it.
    Show me the alcoholic who can drink socially once in a while and not lapse back into excessive alcohol consumption. Show me the person who smoked for 30 years and quit a 3 pack a day habit who can even years later start having one just after meals without craving it more. Rare to nonexistent.

Frankly, I don't understand why this is so hard to grasp that it requires explaining ad infinitum.

Quote Originally Posted by Capri View Post
    That person may be able to stop using whatever it is they're addicted to. That doesn't make them no longer addicted.
    That's is exactly what it makes them! NO LONGER ADDICTED

Geez, try using a little logic here.
    lol.

Losta luck, Mister.