Thread: Find Out if Hackers Already Have Your Password

Find Out if Hackers Already Have Your Password

asswords suck. They're hard to remember, we all have about a million of them, and they're not supposed to be anything easy or memorable like your cat's name (sorry ???).

Worst of all, when massive data breaches happen to the companies we actually trust with our online credentials, our usernames and passwords can become totally exposed but luckily, there's now a simple way to find out if you've been compromised like this.

Troy Hunt is an Australian security researcher and the man behind Have I Been Pwned (HIBP), a website that lets people check if their email addresses and usernames have been involved in some of the biggest data breaches ever involving companies like Myspace, LinkedIn, Adobe, Dropbox (and sadly hundreds more).

https://www.sciencealert.com/there-s...your-passwords

Before we go any further, a word of warning. You really shouldn't type any active passwords you're currently using in to the online search tool, because it goes against the whole principle of never sharing or distributing your passwords, even if it's with a website set up by a professional security researcher.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/Passwords

Originally Posted by lala

My Jesus
    Find me o lawdy, I'm ready to shoot myself. I'm tired, soooo tired of shit people. Tired of fighting to live and love. Tired of it ALL. Just tired. I'm close. I really am.

LaLa

She served, unlike your fatass self. 1st Cav.
    So thanks for paying respect where its due, cunt.

Interesting about that website is that there are still some very simple passwords that have not been hacked.

I think I'd still not want to use them.
    The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse is trying to pretend I'm not excited. -- SuperDoh.
    I only ever Christmas shop on the 24th of December. Keeps the Scroogian hate running clean. -- Zach.