Thread: Catalian Independence Movement.

Lightbulb Catalian Independence Movement.

Did I spell that right? Who fucking cares? It's fucking Spain for crying out loud.

I have not bothered to learn about this movement till recently, and now that I am studying it, it seems to be a fairly simple matter that is roughly analogous to the US and Californistan's independence movement.

It's about a poorly managed, deeply indebted, semi-autonomous state blessed with riches that have been flushed away. The leaders there blame the Government of Spain and essentially are arguing they can do much better if they have the power to print money and to tax than the government of Spain can. Sound familiar?

Also, check this out:

Many of Catalonia's current problems with Salafi-Jihadism are self-inflicted. In an effort to promote Catalan nationalism and the Catalan language, Catalonian pro-independence parties have deliberately promoted immigration from Arabic-speaking Muslim countries for more than three decades, in the belief that these immigrants (unlike those from Latin America) would learn the Catalan language rather than speak Spanish.

Although some Catalans are having second thoughts about the wisdom of promoting Muslim mass immigration as a strategy to achieve Catalan independence, it is estimated that up to 10,000 Catalans with links to the separatist movement have actually converted to Islam in recent years. It is believed, for example, that two out of every ten Catalan radicals who belong to the far-left political party, the Republican Left of Catalonia (ERC), are converts to Islam.
    https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3...lamic-republic
    Does that sound familiar? Thought so.

Basically, a bunch of leftists have left Catalonia 50B worth of debt, a sea of illegal aliens they encouraged to come there, and now they're wanting to break away so they can print enough money to make their dreams come true.

Fuck Catalonia.. It sounds as though the best thing Spain could do is let them go and then erect a border wall there as quickly as possible.

Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

bump

If they go, they plan to take about a fifth of Spain's economy with them. (Which is more than Portugal, so.. )

But it will undoubtedly be less. They're going to need aggressive taxation and a lot of things they aren't used to paying for.. Like a real national defense.

Also, the tax squeeze on businesses there will increase, undoubtedly driving a few of them into Spain proper.

Depending on how nice Spain wants to be about this, there could also be tariffs, power generation, (They plan to use wind almost exclusively. lol.) water and sanitation and other infrastructure projects a nation needs to consider itself truly sovereign..

And they will have to do this will floating their own currency, unless the EU lets them play with the Euro. Which is an open question at this point.

I am guessing the EU could very easily view this an another "Brexit" type move and be unsympathetic..

It's really hard to say at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    I am guessing the EU could very easily view this an another "Brexit" type move and be unsympathetic..

It's really hard to say at this time.
    Their plan is Norwegian.
    lol-band

It is not gathering much news attention and under the radar. It is Spain a small county.
    A friend who is local in Barcelona has put up pictures on his fb feed of alleged police brutality at the voting booths where locals were voting.
    He even went so far to announce that anyone condoning the alleged violence towards voters should unfriend him.
    Everyone you will ever meet knows something you do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    Did I spell that right? Who fucking cares? It's fucking Spain for crying out loud.
    /bread

I viewed it as an anti-establishment/anti-EU move. With how much the Spanish government was against this referendum and trying to stop it, it seemed to me like it was something that probably really needed to happen.

Now, whether or not Catalonia can pull it off is anyone's guess, but nevertheless, it reflects the growing resentment of the EU and the cucked, globalist governments.

Today, few call themselves Spanish or Spaniard.

Whereas I support unity , keep in mind that the Basques have a similar problem with the Madrid government.

Keep in mind that Spanish refers to geography and not to people or language.

The Catalans are great business people and regard the Castilians as their inferiors. Madrid is the capital of the province of Castile whose government and language are now official for all living in the peninsula.

Galicia is also in the same boat as the Catalans but have less to bargain with.

The culture of the Spanish nation in toto including the separatists has more in common with each other,than the American north and Dixie.