Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Gun as Symbol: Who Owns It?

The Gun as Symbol: Who Owns It?

A tool of murder or a totem of liberty, this is how they can both be wrong.

More...

Quote Originally Posted by spambot View Post
    A tool of murder or a totem of liberty, this is how they can both be wrong.

More...
    Interesting article.
    Everyone you will ever meet knows something you do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Interesting article.
    Yes.... interesting.... but also weakly opinionated. The first comment to the article is thorough, and although short, it covers the issue the writer seemed to miss.
    Super-Cotton-Fragile-istic-Extra-Faggotrocious

Sometimes a gun is just a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    Sometimes a gun is just a gun.
    That is the perfect response to the moronic writer's comment: "A gun is, in its very being, exponentially more deadly than a knife or bow and arrow."

I'd love to see the research done in order for her to come to that conclusion. Did she place all the items on a table, leave them alone, then come back to see that the gun decimated the other items?

Super-Cotton-Fragile-istic-Extra-Faggotrocious

Idiotic article. There's nothing symbolic about guns. They are what they are. Unequivocally.

Quote Originally Posted by OneDumbBlonde View Post
    That is the perfect response to the moronic writer's comment: "A gun is, in its very being, exponentially more deadly than a knife or bow and arrow."

I'd love to see the research done in order for her to come to that conclusion. Did she place all the items on a table, leave them alone, then come back to see that the gun decimated the other items?

It's like rock, paper, scissors!

"No one in this room wants to breathe the same air as anyone else."

But the writer forgot about all the trucks of peace.

Quote Originally Posted by spambot View Post
    Watch me sit on this fence while leaning as far to the left as I can!

More...

But we cannot cut ourselves off from this other reality. And we should not scoff at liberals who call for gun control, even if their hoped-for measures cannot drastically change gun violence in this country. Because the plain, simple truth that they point out is both unavoidable and important: without a gun, Kelley could not have sprayed the side of First Baptist Church with bullets. Without a gun, he could not have killed so many in so little time. Without a gun, the life of an 18-month-old baby might have been saved.

In our hesitancy to endorse exhaustive gun control measures, we must not negate or ignore the lethality of the gun. Because some tools are too deadly to be taken lightly.

Without alcohol there are no alcohol related deaths. I could go on and on, but.....

When are liberals going to take back Chicago?