Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: "The problem is that no one believes in recipes"

Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    Was someone held at gunpoint?
    Are you going to be around in 150 years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Exposing_The_Hate_Tribe View Post
    So P.T.A. is black, Asian, white, jewish, Muslim...and mulatto? The geniuses of the LDL strike again.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    She had no idea soros was a nazi collaborator who turned in his fellow jews for fun and profit during WW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I'm an homorary Jew!
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    If I could suck my own cock I would
    Cistern: http://downloadpolitics.com/showthre...=1#post1881748

Quote Originally Posted by PTA View Post
    Are you going to be around in 150 years?
    Why? Do you want my recipes?

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."
    -Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    When it comes to baking, there are two kinds of people in this world: those who follow precise recipes and measurements and those who don’t need to.

http://www.scarymommy.com/krista-bal...?utm_source=FB
    It took several tries to get my mom's sponge cake right. Of course I wrote down all the recipes and nuances that I used and came up with a winner eventually. She always changed it up.

I kept all of the recipes and just scribbled "the winner" on the one that worked. Don't know why I kept the others except maybe to remind myself of how much I worked on it. I still fudge a bit if something doesn't look or taste quite 'right.'

She'd say "juice of one lemon" and I'd ask "how big of a lemon?" Stuff like that. I wrote down a scant 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion."

]Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

The Greater Malefic Unbidden Wrath's Avatar
    I believe in tits. Anything else, I can pronbably go along to get along.
    ..................__ ____
    ........___,o` `.-''' ```-._.---------.
    ......'----..__,,_________,,-..____,'
    ................(_\.........(_\

Quote Originally Posted by Mossfern View Post
    It took several tries to get my mom's sponge cake right. Of course I wrote down all the recipes and nuances that I used and came up with a winner eventually. She always changed it up.

I kept all of the recipes and just scribbled "the winner" on the one that worked. Don't know why I kept the others except maybe to remind myself of how much I worked on it. I still fudge a bit if something doesn't look or taste quite 'right.'

She'd say "juice of one lemon" and I'd ask "how big of a lemon?" Stuff like that. I wrote down a scant 1/4 cup of lemon juice.

Sponge cake texture is all in the folding.

-Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by zach roy ought View Post
    Never use a recipe cooking. I would always use a recipe baking. If I ever baked anything.
    ^^
    Zach is modest. He's a master baker. Or, very knowledgeable in the art and science of it all.

*Disclaimer: This is my opinion based on a history of posts he has made. It is not to be construed as PI.

-Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by OneDumbBlonde View Post
    What are the type of people who do both?

I like those. It's fun to read old recipes.
    This is me ^^^

My mother's fudge recipe. I'm either going to nail it, or screw it up, terribly. There's no middle.

I don't even eat the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGo View Post
    This is me ^^^

My mother's fudge recipe. I'm either going to nail it, or screw it up, terribly. There's no middle.

I don't even eat the stuff.
    ME TOO! Except it's my grandmother's recipe and I do eat the stuff! Come to find out, it's a hideously finicky recipe and there's an easier, cheatier way to get the same texture and silkiness without all the fuss! I didn't believe it until I tried it.

-Kurt Vonnegut

To be fair, candy making is it's own category of fail hell. It's neither cooking or baking, but it's hot and sticky and everything has to be just right.

-Kurt Vonnegut