Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "The problem is that no one believes in recipes"

Quote Originally Posted by GoGo View Post
    Tell me!!
    I FERGIT!

Something with marshmallows? Ask ODB. ODB?

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."
    -Kurt Vonnegut

It is, and I don't particularly care for it. The chocolates yes, the candies, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    I FERGIT!

Something with marshmallows? Ask ODB. ODB?
    Eh, my MIL makes it like that, with the marshmallow cream. The big guy doesn't care for it. He prefers the basic sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and cocoa mixture.

The big guy doesn't care for it. He prefers the basic sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and cocoa mixture.
    Yeah, when it doesn't sugar on you! Does he know the fail rate with that recipe? My mother insisted I beat it with the wooden spoon, no mixers. No matter how strong you think you are, that stooopid fudge recipe gets me every time! But, it's my grandmother's recipe, so I feel attached to it.

-Kurt Vonnegut

Wait, milk? I thought it was heavy cream?

-Kurt Vonnegut

Yeah, when it doesn't sugar on you! Does he know the fail rate with that recipe? My mother insisted I beat it with the wooden spoon, no mixers. No matter how strong you think you are, that stooopid fudge recipe gets me every time! But, it's my grandmother's recipe, so I feel attached to it.
    Exactly!! Same here with that damn wooden spoon! You totally get it!!

Yes, he knows, but he's a man and doesn't care. My kids have eaten so many batches of that stringy gooey mess, and the brick hard version that you can't drive a knife through. lol Good memories, though!

Wait, milk? I thought it was heavy cream?
    No, we used whole milk.

I've seen it done with half and half, evaporated, condensed etc..

My guy will only eat it one way. He's kind of a brat.

Exactly!! Same here with that damn wooden spoon! You totally get it!!

Yes, he knows, but he's a man and doesn't care. My kids have eaten so many batches of that stringy gooey mess, and the brick hard version that you can't drive a knife through. lol Good memories, though!

-Kurt Vonnegut

I follow recipes, I need all the help I can get when it comes to cooking.
    I am a loner. A destroyed woman. A woman destroyed by people... I have a choice - to kill myself or to kill others. I choose TO PAY BACK MY HATERS. It would be too easy to leave this world as an unknown suicide victim. Society is too indifferent, rightly so. My verdict is: I, Olga HepnarovŠ, the victim of your bestiality, sentence you to death.