Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pope wants to change the Lord's Prayer.

Pope wants to change the Lord's Prayer.

Specifically, Pope Francis' issue is with the words, "... and lead us not into temptation ..."

'That is not a good translation, because it speaks of a God who induces temptation',' the pope said in a television interview on Wednesday night.He said the current phrasing, which is the same in English and many other languages, suggests that it is God who has a choice to lead us into temptation or not.
    The French translation or one similar should be adopted, the Pope says.

The French translation uses the phrase 'do not let us fall into temptation' as an alternative, which, the Pope said, implies that the fault would be human.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er-prayer.html

Brilliant!
    The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse is trying to pretend I'm not excited. -- SuperDoh.
    I only ever Christmas shop on the 24th of December. Keeps the Scroogian hate running clean. -- Zach.

The Greater Malefic Unbidden Wrath's Avatar
    So the fucking simpleton takes issue with God as tempter, but has no problem with God as denier of free will.

Genie fluff.
    ..................__ ____
    ........___,o` `.-''' ```-._.---------.
    ......'----..__,,_________,,-..____,'
    ................(_\.........(_\

Careful, it might go off! cotton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
    Specifically, Pope Francis' issue is with the words, "... and lead us not into temptation ..."

The French translation or one similar should be adopted, the Pope says.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er-prayer.html

Brilliant!
    I need to submit this for my pope audition.
    "Everything is beautiful in its own way"

Pope wants NIGGER COCK AND TO ASS RAPE LITTLE BOYS .

FIXED !
    ​Im'a goin south , way down , appalachicola way

God, the Light, the Savior does not tempt anyone with evil.

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

This person the pope's spiritual father, the Darkness, the Wrath of God does. Then accuses you before God.
    Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Loved not their lives until the death means loving living in this evil world, looking back as Lot's wife did.
    Death Of Jesus on Wednesday-Three days in the grave-Rose from the grave Saturday evening BY Sunset!
    Year-Vernal Equinox-Astronomical New Moon-Conjunction-First evening of visible crescent- Date of the first of Nisan-14th day of Nisan (Passover)

28 A.D.- Mon. Mar. 22, noon- Tues. Apr. 13, 2 p.m.- Wed. Apr. 14- Thurs. Apr.15- Wed. Apr. 28

Luke 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

In the context of good grammar alone, what the Pope advises is a great thing. Who knows what the effect will be? Could be mighty!

Any journalist, writer or editor would tell you he's correct, I would imagine. This is a good thing, no matter who the Pope.

Sit up, fly straight and show some respect, for once.
    The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse is trying to pretend I'm not excited. -- SuperDoh.
    I only ever Christmas shop on the 24th of December. Keeps the Scroogian hate running clean. -- Zach.

So you are a 'catholic' calling priests father and that old man who has no children your holly papa eh? Light candles and pray to statues as well?
    Death Of Jesus on Wednesday-Three days in the grave-Rose from the grave Saturday evening BY Sunset!
    Year-Vernal Equinox-Astronomical New Moon-Conjunction-First evening of visible crescent- Date of the first of Nisan-14th day of Nisan (Passover)

28 A.D.- Mon. Mar. 22, noon- Tues. Apr. 13, 2 p.m.- Wed. Apr. 14- Thurs. Apr.15- Wed. Apr. 28

Luke 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

This should be the new prayer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    I never said I had a Phd. I have 3 Masters Degrees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    You can't redeem yourself to me after that fucking moronic statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by sachem View Post
    That's my bellybutton, you sick freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossfern View Post
    Bullshit, troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Foxman View Post
    She's visiting us one desk at a time
    That's why she hasn't been able to post much
    I hope she leaves my desk soon
    She bites too much
    Quote Originally Posted by okpstman View Post
    No shit.
    There's almost no human involvement in this case.
    It's like two rabid skunks attacked each other in the mountains.........

If the Lord's Prayer was changed as proposed, perhaps Soxes music too would change to stuff more acceptable, or at least less revolting.

Miracles are possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
    If the Lord's Prayer was changed as proposed, perhaps Soxes music too would change to stuff more acceptable, or at least less revolting.

Miracles are possible.

I dony know why you hate YT music so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    I never said I had a Phd. I have 3 Masters Degrees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    You can't redeem yourself to me after that fucking moronic statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by sachem View Post
    That's my bellybutton, you sick freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossfern View Post
    Bullshit, troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Foxman View Post
    She's visiting us one desk at a time
    That's why she hasn't been able to post much
    I hope she leaves my desk soon
    She bites too much
    Quote Originally Posted by okpstman View Post
    No shit.
    There's almost no human involvement in this case.
    It's like two rabid skunks attacked each other in the mountains.........