Thread: Disney buying out much of 21st Century Fox

Disney buying out much of 21st Century Fox

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...mega-deal.html
    Disney has reached a deal to acquire key assets of Fox News parent company 21st Century Fox in a $52.4 billion deal, officials announced Thursday.

The deal gives Disney 21st Century Fox’s film and television studios, cable entertainment networks and international TV businesses. The deal does not include Fox News Channel, which would reportedly become the centerpiece of a smaller media company run by the Murdoch family and tightly focused on news and sports.
    Your thoughts on this deal?

Personally, I don't like it. I can't stand Disney, and they own too much stuff as it is.

you have yet to say much of anything. what you've posted I could glean off my braces while snoring. this fabled 52B. how will that be " distributed? stock? cash? how much debt will they assume? its akin to you wanting to be the first kid on the block to own an air rifle for the sole purpose of shooting bottles at 15 feet.
    Moss' daughter and her boyfriend conduct political activities.

Careful, it might go off! cotton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastsoberguy View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...mega-deal.html

Personally, I don't like it. I can't stand Disney, and they own too much stuff as it is.
    I like the deal. It's a move in the right direction for Disney. It allows for quicker access to the foreign pay tv markets and capitalizes on current trends in the entertainment industry. It also increases their market share in am advantageous manner which is buying a large portion of what Murdoch has spent 50 years building as opposed to ground up growth. The $15 billion debt they are taking on is only 10% of Disney's current market cap of about $150-160 billion. The best part is that it's rare to acquire a company in an industry with the fixed giants of that industry holding what's basically an oligopoly without partially cannabilizing your current base. At the end of the day it only adds about 1/3 of the current value of Disney to the equation . Summary, it's a great income stream at a fair price that solidifies Disney's prominence in the entertainment industry with minimal risk. It allows for a lower cost input for Disney to provide their product as it allows for streamlining and combining certain operations.
    Its funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious..

Quote Originally Posted by cotton View Post
    I like the deal. It's a move in the right direction for Disney. It allows for quicker access to the foreign pay tv markets and capitalizes on current trends in the entertainment industry. It also increases their market share in am advantageous manner which is buying a large portion of what Murdoch has spent 50 years building as opposed to ground up growth. The $15 billion debt they are taking on is only 10% of Disney's current market cap of about $150-160 billion. The best part is that it's rare to acquire a company in an industry with the fixed giants of that industry holding what's basically an oligopoly without partially cannabilizing your current base. At the end of the day it only adds about 1/3 of the current value of Disney to the equation . Summary, it's a great income stream at a fair price that solidifies Disney's prominence in the entertainment industry with minimal risk. It allows for a lower cost input for Disney to provide their product as it allows for streamlining and combining certain operations.
    That is a really good and analytical business assessment cotton.

As far as personal entertainment preferences - disney is not on my list.
    Last edited by Elemental; 12-14-2017 at 03:55 PM.
    Everyone you will ever meet knows something you do not know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    That is a really good and analytical business assessment cotton.

As far as personal entertainment preferences - disney is not on my list.
    Thank you. I believe I remember you saying you don't watch regular tv, per se. But many are fans of Disney by extension but don't realize it. They own Lucasfilm, ABC, A&E , Marvel and more. The copyrights they own are almost priceless too. My initial thoughts as I heard about this acquisition were "what took them so long ". ? It's a bargain and an excellent fit. For investment purposes DIS is fairly proved as well. It's at 19 times earnings. Not bad considering the future possibility and a predictable ncome stream paving the road to that future.

But it also means shows like The Simpsons will become Disney properties. Let that sink in for a moment. Fox couldn't do the right thing with The Simpsons by cancelling it years ago, so what makes anyone think Disney is gonna handle it properly? They'll probably water it down even further and make it more child-friendly.

Blog Entries
    But it also means shows like The Simpsons will become Disney properties. Let that sink in for a moment. Fox couldn't do the right thing with The Simpsons by cancelling it years ago, so what makes anyone think Disney is gonna handle it properly? They'll probably water it down even further and make it more child-friendly.
    If they "water it down" it would be in response to the changing demographics of viewers. Millenials watch less tv than ever. My sock Rotten K has a millenial sock "tay tay" that only does tv on her IPAD occasionally.

I concur..

Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.