Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: As Cell Service Expands, National Parks Become Digital Battlegrounds

Lightbulb As Cell Service Expands, National Parks Become Digital Battlegrounds

“Can you imagine hiking in Yosemite far from other people, and then suddenly it sounds like you are in McDonald’s, with everyone on their phones?” said Louv, author of “Last Child in the Woods” and other books. “That is not why most people go to our national parks.”

Yet advocates for increased cell service, including many NPS officials, say the parks can’t cling to an earlier era. Expanded cellular and broadband coverage, they argue, helps rescue teams respond to emergencies and are necessary to draw a new generation to the parks.

http://www.govtech.com/network/As-Ce...legrounds.html

The progressive, faith based religion doesn't care if you die..

Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

a new generation to the parks...........so I guess theyre not appreciative of our contributions. fuckem
    Moss' daughter and her boyfriend conduct political activities.

I don't see anything wrong having cell coverage - who cares? Sounds like the author is a whining ecotard moron ...who cares if somebody somewhere is on their phone, or speaking to the person next to them? What difference does it make?

I agree there may be inappropriate times where kids will be buried in their phones...but again, so what? It's a matter of personal perception.

id personally like to see more animal vs. people interactions. maybe some day get these dreamers heads outta their collective assholes.
    Moss' daughter and her boyfriend conduct political activities.

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    I don't see anything wrong having cell coverage - who cares? Sounds like the author is a whining ecotard moron ...who cares if somebody somewhere is on their phone, or speaking to the person next to them? What difference does it make?

I agree there may be inappropriate times where kids will be buried in their phones...but again, so what? It's a matter of personal perception.
    Even more importantly - What if someone is fucking hurt?

These guys don't care. Lay there and bleed out, bro!! Try to moan quietly so I can drink in this beautiful sunset.

They're sick..

Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    Even more importantly - What if someone is fucking hurt?

These guys don't care. Lay there and bleed out, bro!! Try to moan quietly so I can drink in this beautiful sunset.

They're sick..
    It's not even a public safety issue...it's the warped proglodyte mindset that people everywhere should comport themselves to a standard that they set.

...and the government should be enlisted to ensure that it happens.

Government favors whatever will reduce privacy, create demand for regulations and grow the government. In the interest of safety and law enforcement, it will need to monitor all cellular traffic, study the impact of cell towers on wildlife and the "wilderness experience" for peeps. It's bullshit that teeners will be looking for phone service wherever they are in the backcountry. Bullshit. On the other hand, Amazon will be looking for a new market for drone pizza delivery and selling/delivering outdoor gear, and since everyone is criminal, monitoring by government authorities will be constant. Meanwhile, EMTs, clinics and hospitals will want to monitor everyone's body functions in order to alert people that they are thirsty, hungry or need to piss. At every step, Congress will give itself a raise, new bonuses and new perks for a "job well done" in allowing it.

Much to look forward to.
    Last edited by Lummy; 12-31-2017 at 03:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DLLS View Post
    ... You have to be someone real "special" to get banned from this place.
    Quote Originally Posted by sachem View Post
    Can't be too great. I don't remember him.

Let's say predators such as grizzlies, cougars, black bears and wolves avoid these towers as much as they possibly can. Could happen, and it will need a lot of study and discussion over lessening that impact. Say these predator-free areas become the areas where campgrounds are established to help prevent human-bear confrontations and so forth. Of course, they will also want to know the effects on human health of camping under a cell phone tower. Study, study, study ... then lie like crazy.

A real frontier for brave pioneers.
    Last edited by Lummy; 12-31-2017 at 03:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DLLS View Post
    ... You have to be someone real "special" to get banned from this place.
    Quote Originally Posted by sachem View Post
    Can't be too great. I don't remember him.

“Can you imagine hiking in Yosemite far from other people, and then suddenly it sounds like you are in McDonald’s, with everyone on their phones?”
    retarded self-contradictory proglodyte logic on full display

What does that even mean?

If we know we're going to be remote, we use a beacon.

Additional cell towers are unnecessary.

Remember the days prior to cell phones?
    I do.
    We lived.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exposing_The_Hate_Tribe View Post
    So P.T.A. is black, Asian, white, jewish, Muslim...and mulatto? The geniuses of the LDL strike again.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    She had no idea soros was a nazi collaborator who turned in his fellow jews for fun and profit during WW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I'm an homorary Jew!
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    If I could suck my own cock I would
    Cistern: http://downloadpolitics.com/showthre...=1#post1881748
    DLP progs defend Screeny. http://downloadpolitics.com/showthre...hreatens-POTUS