Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legal pot in CA today.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Legal pot in CA today.

New era opens in California with first sales of recreational marijuana

The day has been long anticipated by cannabis advocates who pushed for voters to pass Proposition 64 in November 2016, largely decriminalizing marijuana and allowing starting Monday for the commercial sale of products to adults 21 or older.

In Berkeley, Mayor Jesse Arreguin and Democratic state Sen. Nancy Skinner joined a couple dozen people outside the Berkeley Patients Group for the first sales.
    http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...photo-14770268

Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

What already happened : Personal cannabis laws took effect earlier, in November 2016, allowing adults 21 or older to possess, transport and gift of up to 1 ounce of cannabis flowers to other adults 21 or older, as well as possess up to 8 grams of extract or infused foods, and grow up to six plants. Smoking in public is still prohibited, and marijuana remains illegal under federal law.

Who’s paying: California will charge both recreational and medical buyers a 15 percent excise tax, which is expected to eventually bring in $1 billion or more a year for marijuana research, addiction prevention and boosted law enforcement, among other things. Recreational customers must pay sales tax as well, unlike those with a state-authorized medical identification card. In addition, cities can choose to impose local cannabis taxes.

What about medical marijuana? For the state’s vast medical marijuana system, Jan. 1 is very much business as usual. Medical stores will remain open to patients who can show ID and a valid doctor’s recommendation to use cannabis. In the coming weeks and months, more medical dispensaries and delivery services will obtain state licenses to sell to recreational customers.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/a...s-12460050.php

Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

Yeah , I burned one in the swamps today .
    ​Im'a goin south , way down , appalachicola way

When the day has lived it's course will you feel no remorse for creation of a nation that overran it's source .

More spics and niggers should set cali on the right path!
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    I never said I had a Phd. I have 3 Masters Degrees.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDumbBlonde View Post
    I made it almost to the minute mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by PTA View Post
    We got married in Maui and Jho is physically exhausted!

We're registered at: http://www.restorationhardware.com/

Send gifts and money!

Quote Originally Posted by Abe Foxman View Post
    WHY THE LONG LIST, PTA?

YOU TRYING TO COMPENSATE

FOR NOT HAVING A DICK?
    Quote Originally Posted by jirqo adai View Post
    why? BEB isn't projecting enough?

Truly shameful. CA has a rising homeless population, hepatitis epidemics and lousy politicians, yet they want to focus on numbing the sheeple with psychoactive poison instead.

psychoactive poison...............you know, it only does what you want it to do, doncha?

psychoactive poison...............you know, it only does what you want it to do, doncha?
    Okay, pothead, tell us what it does and what it doesn't do.

a lot of wives have given thanks that their husbands were crocked off it when they saddled up. otherwise, those very ugly women would be very barren.

after you tell us why your head is so fucking fat...................................

after you tell us why your head is so fucking fat...................................
    Probably because I'm smarter than you.