Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Night of the Long Bannon Knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    Spencer can't fill a phone booth. Bannon won't waste his time with him.

Richard Spencer is one of the leading “intellectuals” of the alt-right movement. This was according the website Breitbart when it was being run by incoming White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon.

“The media empire of the modern-day alternative right coalesced around Richard Spencer during his editorship of Taki’s Magazine,” the publication glowed in a March piece explaining the alt-right phenomenon. “In 2010, Spencer founded AlternativeRight.com, which would become a center of alt-right thought.”

The intellectual leaders of the alt-right movement like Spencer, the site argued, were “dangerously bright,” which was perhaps why liberals feared them Breitbart suggested.

In August, Bannon proudly described his site as "the platform for the alt-right," a movement with Spencer as one of its intellectual leaders, again, according to Bannon’s own site.

Despite its new branding, over the weekend Spencer demonstrated the “alt-right” of Bannon for what it really is: neo-Nazis in suits and ties.

The New York Times reported on what Spencer—and by extension the rest of the alt-right media apparatus—is really espousing from his “alt-right conference” in Washington D.C.

That and 50 cents will get him a coke. He's not going to be president.

He'd be lucky to be mayor somewhere.

Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

That and 50 cents will get him a coke. He's not going to be president.

He'd be lucky to be mayor somewhere.
    no doubt. but who would've thunk who would be C I C .

stevies strategy is to use Spencer the way the independents used ROSS PEROT to defeat BUSH SR . do you see that? and Ross could've won had it not been that idiot Limbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Fallgelb View Post

stevies strategy is to use Spencer the way the independents used ROSS PEROT to defeat BUSH SR . do you see that? and Ross could've won had it not been that idiot Limbaugh.
    I don't think he's got the pull.. And Bannon would be trashing his own brand for good if he tried it.

I don't think it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Fallgelb View Post

perot might've won it if he hadn't quit and then come back a month before the election.

even bob dole said bob dole was confused by that.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post
    perot might've won it if he hadn't quit and then come back a month before the election.

I think you're right.. The media didn't bother to explain.. Perot I believe, felt he was being undermined by whom I don't know. Some say the Bush Sr. had paid to sabotage his candidacy.

And Perot was too feisty to handle it. He didn't want to trash the president. Limbaugh as you know did a good job on behalf of the Bushes to trash Perot.

I don't think he's got the pull.. And Bannon would be trashing his own brand for good if he tried it.

I don't think it will happen.
    nothing's certain.. only the ego of Bannon who at the right time will try to get even by supporting someone. Spencer is the one because he doesn't have the baggage that David Duke and others have.

And Rich is very malleable and amenable.. You gotta listen to Spencer ;he's cool and has a demeanor that doesn't get ruffled. I've watched Duke get hot under the collar ..bad scene..

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post

Yeah.. Perot had problems.

The fact that he came as close as he did was surprising. He was in then he was out. He sounded kinda crazy. He ran on a gas tax. I like Admiral Stockdale, but nobody else did.

Yeah.. Perot had problems.

The fact that he came as close as he did was surprising. He was in then he was out. He sounded kinda crazy. He ran on a gas tax. I like Admiral Stockdale, but nobody else did.
    Perot was a military guy a true patriot. He never would've attacked IRAQ. Thanks to Limbaugh and his currying favor with the Bush war crimes family that's exactly what happened and a trillion bucks went down the drain and some no doubtedly went into Limbaugh's pocket!

Bannon out at Breitbart

Jon Ward 26 minutes ago .

 Reactions
     Sign in to like
     Reblog on Tumblr
     Share
     Tweet
     Email

Up next

Now Playing

0:44

0:51

4:03

4:13

6:04

2:31

0:29

0:18

/ 0:44

Bannon steps down from Breitbart News after comments critical of Trump

Right-wing firebrand Steve Bannon’s rapid fall from grace continued Tuesday as he was removed from his post at the head of the Breitbart News media organization.

Breitbart CEO Larry Solov said in a statement on the organization’s website: “Steve is a valued part of our legacy, and we will always be grateful for his contributions, and what he has helped us to accomplish.”

Bannon, in the same post, said he was “proud of what the Breitbart team has accomplished in so short a period of time in building out a world-class news platform.”

Just a year ago, Bannon was a newly installed senior adviser to then President-elect Trump, having joined Trump’s campaign in the summer of 2016. He was characterized for much of the first few months of Trump’s presidency as the brains behind the president, and was lampooned on “Saturday Night Live” as the Grim Reaper who told Trump what to do.

But the image of Bannon as the real president infuriated Trump, according to multiple reports, and undermined Bannon’s influence in the White House. He left in August and immediately returned to Breitbart, which he first took over in 2012, not long after the death of its founder, Andrew Breitbart.