Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Air America

Air America

I watched a documentary about Air America this morning and at the end it was mentioned that there is a memorial for the approximately 250 pilots who died while serving. My uncle died flying a helicopter for them in 1969 and I wondered if his name would be on it. I found it online and there he was. Kind of eerie, I was a young kid when he died and donít really remember him. I do remember going to his funeral.

http://www.air-america.org/memorial-...al-plaque.html

Quote Originally Posted by PTA View Post
    I'm willing to pay triple the price for *igger *ick in mouth.

Careful, it might go off! cotton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I watched a documentary about Air America this morning and at the end it was mentioned that there is a memorial for the approximately 250 pilots who died while serving. My uncle died flying a helicopter for them in 1969 and I wondered if his name would be on it. I found it online and there he was. Kind of eerie, I was a young kid when he died and don’t really remember him. I do remember going to his funeral.

That's very awesome and 110% honorable. The Killing Fields of Vietnam were a heartless and cruel 20 that saw many brave men on both sides meet their respective makers. As for the CIA using the umbrella of Air America and trafficking of H to finance the cause and provide cover simultaneously it was brilliant, brazen and exhibiting "the times they are a changin" it was certainly not complained about by the men of whom those times when a river flowed thru their veins were the only comfort they often had knowing a bullet could rip off half their head at any moment. To your uncle may he RIP and he deserves all of the accolades heaped upon him. I'm glad you found his name memorialized.
    "who cares what games we choose . Little to win and nothing to lose"
    https://youtu.be/VOk2T6Uweao

Careful, it might go off! cotton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I watched a documentary about Air America this morning and at the end it was mentioned that there is a memorial for the approximately 250 pilots who died while serving. My uncle died flying a helicopter for them in 1969 and I wondered if his name would be on it. I found it online and there he was. Kind of eerie, I was a young kid when he died and don’t really remember him. I do remember going to his funeral.

I too had a relative (cousin) that served. I was only 8 when he volunteered. He was a very kind person and I remember we would send supplies such as powdered lemonade , Vienna Sausage etc to him 2-3 times per week. I sent him pics of the POW MIA booth at the fair with my older sister , mom and his older sister helping run it. I would watch the news every night to see Cronkite (arguably the most powerful influence in the US of whom Johnson told "you buried us last night with your comment that you believed " a peaceful dissolution and graceful exit (paraphrased) to stop our involvement in this war and its cost of our young men needs to occur". As for 1968, Nixon wins by claiming he had a strategy to end our involvement in Vietnam " was something that just made my heart ache and flutter to recollect was a half truth. The other half was the ugly part as it meant we cross the DMZ and slaughter anyone we have to was the slaughter of women , Biggs and innocent men . Mowing down someone that would like to impede your progress or steps in your way along the way is what many successful yet everyday people practice as that will not deter their rise to the top or the achievement of their goals is why the incidence of sociopathy is 600% greater at the upper ends of the political , business and social strata. It's a bit twisted but trying to impede ones personal path to glory is also seriously off center. After all, someone has to pay the workers and supporters just as someone has to run this great nation, it's currencies , it's global position , provide security for the people. The last time I saw Micheal he was in uniform freshly home. I remember grandma , dad and his older brother surprised him upon arrival in Little Rock picking him up in a brand new Barracuda , that was now his. All i remember afterwards is him showing me some racing tape a few weeks later "modern version of the tape is known as 200 mph tape" he,was putting around the coils of his grill. A few,days later (he was becoming increasingly unstable I was later told ) he got into an argument with his gf and in a high speed adrenaline fueled pissed off 3 AM run down the cropdusters runway on grandmas farm across the highway and about a mile from our home he was barreling at what the ASP said was "100-120 mph + "he ran off the highway went over the bridge railing which was very low as it was a temporary wooden bridge he crashed into the river below and was dead on impact. He was my hero. I cried for days and many times after and even now can see him talking to me as we both were admiring his car. I still miss Micheal. His death destroyed his immediate family and fractured the souls of all who knew and loved him.
    Last edited by cotton; 01-13-2018 at 07:41 AM.
    "who cares what games we choose . Little to win and nothing to lose"
    https://youtu.be/VOk2T6Uweao

and we went from that to being buddy buddies with them just as soon as Mao killed 50 million of his own. wont wonders ever cease.

According to the documentary, AA was never used to smuggle drugs.

why would we? the Kachin would give us just as much of anything that we wanted. then wed walk it into Thailand.

remember now. we had Thai units fighting for us under the French in north Vietnam. prolly in china too.

Where did you find the documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by GoGo View Post
    Where did you find the documentary?
    On television.

On television.
    Cable?