Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The politics of "ShitholeGate"

Lightbulb The politics of "ShitholeGate"

The left and the right have staked out their respective claims now..

On the left the argument is basically: "OMZ!! OMZ!!! OMZ!! RACISTOMZ!!!"

And the right responds with varying degrees of: "Well.. Maybe he should have chosen another term, but they ARE kinda Shitholes, aren't they?"

But you know what nobody has said about this? The truth: Donald Trump, or someone, needed to use this term and use it proudly.

Here is why:

At first I was somewhat taken back by Trump's (alleged) characterization.

But then I realize why it is necessary - The totalitarian left have practically criminalized so much thought and speech with their baseless, idiotic, memes about race and sex, that the Overton Window needs yanked back to the center so sensitive subjects can be discussed seriously again.

As it is, we can't speak without threats, labels and yelling obscuring the argument to the point that it is fruitless. No one can oppose unlimited immigration from the third world without instantly becoming a racist, bigot, sister marrying piece of neo-nazi trash, etc, etc.. On and on. This is the price America has paid for the politics of political correctness, and the left have been only too happy to fan these flames till even physical violence itself has been rationalized away as necessary and proper.

I thank the president for staking a claim in the opposite direction, so polite discourse can continue in the center.. Where it belongs.

Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

In a word : Anti-PC

Cultural marxism has to be defeated in order for MAGA to succeed. It's imperative. I can't help but think that this is a calculated move.

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    In a word : Anti-PC

Cultural marxism has to be defeated in order for MAGA to succeed. It's imperative. I can't help but think that this is a calculated move.
    I would like to think it is, but I am not sure. I do know this: The left will win when subjects cannot even be broached.

This condition cannot be permitted to continue.

I've been reading and reading and reading all the myriad opinions about this and it dawned on me.. We can't even talk about this politely.

And since Trump said that word, there has been more material, with MORE SUBSTANCE, written about immigration than I have ever seen in such a short period in my entire life..

Most of it is reasonable and Trump's outburst makes it SOUND REASONABLE, even in our hyper PC times, because he yanked that window right back to the middle in one stroke.

And for that, I thank him!

He did it in one move, buddy.. WHAM!!! And suddenly, we can talk again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    I've been reading and reading and reading all the myriad opinions about this and it dawned on me.. We can't even talk about this politely.
    That's another component of cultural marxism. When exactly did 'being polite' become a condition of validity in politics?

That's the very essence of PC right there, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    That's another component of cultural marxism. When exactly did 'being polite' become a condition of validity in politics?

That's the very essence of PC right there, my friend.
    Not really, the left certainly aren't polite. If PC were simply being polite it would be much less objectionable.

The truth is - Political correctness is political control. It is commonly misunderstood as "politeness" but it is really about cordoning off entire subjects as "out of bounds" and beating violators over the head with a club till they submit.

He did it in one move, buddy.. WHAM!!! And suddenly, we can talk again!!!
    Whether it was purposeful move or not, the fact is this is a real conduit. One I'm sure he's going to continue to use. I can't wait.

WINNING!

Not really, the left certainly aren't polite. If PC were simply being polite it would be much less objectionable.

The truth is - Political correctness is political control. It is commonly misunderstood as "politeness" but it is really about cordoning off entire subjects as "out of bounds" and beating violators over the head with a club till they submit.

I thought that was what I said.

It's a condition THEY put on US. They aren't obliged to comply because the progtard main stream media holds them a completely different standard.

Ya, it is..

It's about more than being polite, though..

Yeah. It's about silencing dissent. Before dissent even has a chance to speak.