Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever seriously considered

id say im safe to wager any amount of money agin you about anyone finding pirate gold on the Oregon coast.

( dabloons sell for 1.1 million dollars in VG condition )

Quote Originally Posted by jirqo adai View Post
    id say im safe to wager any amount of money agin you about anyone finding pirate gold on the Oregon coast.
    In the thousands of inlets, islands, and channels of the Puget Sound area, the Gulf Islands and San Juan Islands, and the coasts of Washington and Oregon in general, you’d think there would be a hundred stories of pirates and their conquests. But there are surprisingly few. Most of the action in the 1600s, 1700s, and 1800s was taking place along the coasts of the Caribbean and the West Indies, where tales of gold and treasure ran rampant, and the fierce coral defenses around the land forms took their tribute in sunken ships.

But there are one or two pirates of that period—Iron Jim Sallow, for instance, who was said to have hidden a treasure somewhere in the Puget Sound area. When one of his crew stole the map to it, he pursued the man relentlessly—so much so that neither was ever heard from again. Neither was the treasure.
    Quote Originally Posted by PTA View Post
    I'm going to find a real forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    lol.

Losta luck, Mister.

99% of the places out there will ban your troll BS in under 10 seconds.

"Mon cher Billy, tu es un homme plus masculin, est tres beau, aussi. Son organ masculin c'est incroyable, plus enorme, tous les dames sont tailler un pipe."

I fail to see how someone in the 1800's could accumulate enough loot to make a hoard. and the 1700's no one was attacking orcas and salmon in order to become rich. im doubting Russian sailing ships off the coast would be willing to part with their trinkets without a fight. and that's 99% of the time what pirates avoided. a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by sportyspliff View Post
    Searching for treasure, buried or otherwise ?
    Yes, and I've found found quite a bit.
    There is a light house on Key Biscayne, Fl where Col. Harney and his second dragoons camped. This place is just across from the Everglades and the home of Chekika and the indian wars in Fl. Col. Harney and his dragoons paddled across the bay and went into the Everglades...where it was said no white man could survive. He killed Chekika and ended the war. At the site i found an 1833 seated liberty dime, and a button with "2" on it indicating 2nd dragoons. I'm reasonably certain the Park rangers had previously metal detected the area.
    I've metal detected in the 1960's when there was more places that had yet to be disturbed. A fort inOk...many buttons big pennies pins, etc. and ghost towns in the Mojave desert...one in Nevada that no one had yet disturbed...a metal detectors dream. All the CW battlefields...my garage is loaded with bullets, buttons parts of muskets and other happy items. It was good and it kept me in shape.

the Yankees had a cored hollow 56 cal bullet that you could unscrew a plug. they put mercury fulminate in it, then recapped it.

Quote Originally Posted by jirqo adai View Post
    corners of old battlefields are great source areas. basically they became field hospitals.
    Against rocks where soldiers took cover and were shot down.
    Little round top has plenty of those for example.

I'm thinking I am going to research some stuff and see if I can have a few fun days on vacation.

try for the old fence corners next to plum run. and in plum run itself. theres plenty of interpreted maps in the southern wheatfield to use.

The Greater Malefic Unbidden Wrath's Avatar
    Not like you're gonna find some fabulous, jewel-encrusted sword that dates back to the 16th century, is it? Fuck it, that's a waste of time if ever there was one. Shards of pottery, what remains of a door hinge, a few nails, bone fragments, shit like that. But nothing mega. You're not gonna unearth Captain Kidd's treasure or a Mayan gold hoard. That's just childish shit.

Uuuuuh! Find tweasuuuure! Muuuuuun! Gooooold!

Walking around some fucking frozen field in the fog with your little metal detector. lulz

Grow up, idiot.
    ..................__ ____
    ........___,o` `.-''' ```-._.---------.
    ......'----..__,,_________,,-..____,'
    ................(_\.........(_\

Quote Originally Posted by Unbidden Wrath View Post
    Not like you're gonna find some fabulous, jewel-encrusted sword that dates back to the 16th century, is it? Fuck it, that's a waste of time if ever there was one. Shards of pottery, what remains of a door hinge, a few nails, bone fragments, shit like that. But nothing mega. You're not gonna unearth Captain Kidd's treasure or a Mayan gold hoard. That's just childish shit.

Uuuuuh! Find tweasuuuure! Muuuuuun! Gooooold!

Grow up, idiot.

A lot of discoveries have been accidental.
    Quote Originally Posted by PTA View Post
    I'm going to find a real forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    lol.

Losta luck, Mister.

99% of the places out there will ban your troll BS in under 10 seconds.

"Mon cher Billy, tu es un homme plus masculin, est tres beau, aussi. Son organ masculin c'est incroyable, plus enorme, tous les dames sont tailler un pipe."