Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever seriously considered

The Greater Malefic Unbidden Wrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    A lot of discoveries have been accidental.
    So leave it to serendipity. But don't go searching.

Sure, someone has to win the lottery.
    ..................__ ____
    ........___,o` `.-''' ```-._.---------.
    ......'----..__,,_________,,-..____,'
    ................(_\.........(_\

Quote Originally Posted by Unbidden Wrath View Post
    Not like you're gonna find some fabulous, jewel-encrusted sword that dates back to the 16th century, is it? Fuck it, that's a waste of time if ever there was one. Shards of pottery, what remains of a door hinge, a few nails, bone fragments, shit like that. But nothing mega. You're not gonna unearth Captain Kidd's treasure or a Mayan gold hoard. That's just childish shit.

Uuuuuh! Find tweasuuuure! Muuuuuun! Gooooold!

Walking around some fucking frozen field in the fog with your little metal detector. lulz

Grow up, idiot.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.

Fine.

Go find your treasure.

There was a farmer in Britain [I recall] who stumbled onto a Roman stash in his plow field. How friggin' cool would that be?
    Quote Originally Posted by PTA View Post
    I'm going to find a real forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    lol.

Losta luck, Mister.

99% of the places out there will ban your troll BS in under 10 seconds.

"Mon cher Billy, tu es un homme plus masculin, est tres beau, aussi. Son organ masculin c'est incroyable, plus enorme, tous les dames sont tailler un pipe."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...axon-gold.html
    Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sportyspliff View Post
    Searching for treasure, buried or otherwise ?
    No, I haven't tried geocaching, either, although I would.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/21/u...-treasure.html
    Forrest Fenn, an art dealer and a former Air Force fighter pilot, announced in a self-published 2010 memoir, “The Thrill of the Chase,” that he had buried a lockbox full of gold coins and nuggets, precious gems and ancient artifacts. He offered clues to its location, hidden in the 24 verses of a poem published in the memoir. Since then, he estimated, more than 65,000 people had joined the search.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exposing_The_Hate_Tribe View Post
    So P.T.A. is black, Asian, white, jewish, Muslim...and mulatto? The geniuses of the LDL strike again.
    I'm an homorary Jew!
    If I could suck my own cock I would
    Cistern: http://downloadpolitics.com/showthre...=1#post1881748
    ** http://www.seniorforums.com/ **

There was a farmer in Britain [I recall] who stumbled onto a Roman stash in his plow field. How friggin' cool would that be?
    Even if, you just know they'd never let you keep it. No way. Priceless relics and shit? Not a chance. I don't care if it was on your own land. They'd find a way.

The Spanish gold off the Florida reefs was exhaustively studied by Kip Wagner, who went to Spain to study the archives and located all with small investments. They were major finds ...UH. You just don't know what you're talking about. They are still finding large amounts of treasure off florida.
    lulz baby

Even if, you just know they'd never let you keep it. No way. Priceless relics and shit? Not a chance. I don't care if it was on your own land. They'd find a way.
    Here it is:

A metal detectorist in southwest England has discovered one of the largest Roman coin hoards ever found. The Seaton Down Hoard consists of 22,000 coins, dating from the A.D. 260s through the 340s. According to Vincent Drost, a British Museum numismatist researching the coins, the hoard may represent an individual’s private savings, a commercial transaction, or a soldier’s wages.

Despite the hoard’s remarkable size, it consists exclusively of low-valued copper alloy nummi, making the entire collection worth only the equivalent of a few gold solidi. Nonetheless, it will likely prove valuable to researchers. Archaeologists believe the Seaton Down Hoard was buried in the 340s, during the rule of co-emperors Constantius II and Constans. “A detailed study of the coins will provide important information on the features of Constantinian coinage and on coin use and supply in Britannia in the mid-fourth century,” says Drost.
    Quote Originally Posted by PTA View Post
    I'm going to find a real forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    lol.

Losta luck, Mister.

99% of the places out there will ban your troll BS in under 10 seconds.

"Mon cher Billy, tu es un homme plus masculin, est tres beau, aussi. Son organ masculin c'est incroyable, plus enorme, tous les dames sont tailler un pipe."

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    The Spanish gold off the Florida reefs was exhaustively studied by Kip Wagner and others and wreck located all by design and small investments. They were major finds ...UH. You just don't know what you're talking about. They are still finding large amounts of treasure off florida.
    .lulz baby
    Some people seem to be under impression that Spanish treasure galleon routes took them to Puget Sound

We call them fuckwits around here.