Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: So Mossfern...

Quote Originally Posted by PTA View Post
    Why were you up so late?

Stress from issues with my rental property. I need to fire my maintenance guy, he's been there for over ten years. When I went there yesterday to show a vacant apartment, I found that he had been squatting in the basement and using it as a depository for his hoarding. I told him that had two weeks to clean everything up and I know that he's going to tell me that he can't both clean out the basement and repaint and repair the vacant apartment at the same time.

So....if I fire him right away then I have to change all the locks and there's no guarantee that he'll still clean up the disaster in the basement. I emailed him last night and am waiting for some sort of response. I'm showing the apartment again next Tuesday - maybe earlier. M came down there with me yesterday because the person who wanted to look at it sounded sketchy.
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion."

]Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    So Mossfern,

How is the Master Gardening Class?
    Is is specific to you regional area?
    The class is great. I'm doing some trainee/volunteer work in the greenhouse now propagating plants.
    Greenhouses are wonderful respites during a cold winter. The people are very very nice,
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion."

Quote Originally Posted by Mossfern View Post
    Stress from issues with my rental property. I need to fire my maintenance guy, he's been there for over ten years. When I went there yesterday to show a vacant apartment, I found that he had been squatting in the basement and using it as a depository for his hoarding. I told him that had two weeks to clean everything up and I know that he's going to tell me that he can't both clean out the basement and repaint and repair the vacant apartment at the same time.

So....if I fire him right away then I have to change all the locks and there's no guarantee that he'll still clean up the disaster in the basement. I emailed him last night and am waiting for some sort of response. I'm showing the apartment again next Tuesday - maybe earlier. M came down there with me yesterday because the person who wanted to look at it sounded sketchy.
    Not as sketchy as your maintenance guy!
    Quote Originally Posted by PTA View Post
    I'm going to find a real forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    lol.

Losta luck, Mister.

99% of the places out there will ban your troll BS in under 10 seconds.

"Mon cher Billy, tu es un homme plus masculin, est tres beau, aussi. Son organ masculin c'est incroyable, plus enorme, tous les dames sont tailler un pipe."

You throw away a ten year trusted employee over using some storage space and expect him fix up a vacant apartment while he's having to relocate his belongings and find another job?

...and think that's going to happen.

You're a real piece of work, y'know that?
    Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.

after Hitlers rise to Chancellorship, his second venture was thus. all landlords had 7 days to vacate their living space with only the clothing on their backs, and to inhabit their worst property. the people in their worst property was to live in their house. made baby hitlar very popular.

oh yeah. the landlords who bitched about it were sent to Dachua.

Blog Entries

Why don't you have a property manager?
    Quote Originally Posted by Exposing_The_Hate_Tribe View Post
    So P.T.A. is black, Asian, white, jewish, Muslim...and mulatto? The geniuses of the LDL strike again.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I'm an homorary Jew!
    If I could suck my own cock I would
    Cistern: http://downloadpolitics.com/showthre...=1#post1881748
    ** http://www.seniorforums.com/ **

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    You throw away a ten year trusted employee over using some storage space and expect him fix up a vacant apartment while he's having to relocate his belongings and find another job?

I laughed, I imagined Mossfern on Shameless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exposing_The_Hate_Tribe View Post
    So P.T.A. is black, Asian, white, jewish, Muslim...and mulatto? The geniuses of the LDL strike again.
    I'm an homorary Jew!
    If I could suck my own cock I would
    Cistern: http://downloadpolitics.com/showthre...=1#post1881748
    ** http://www.seniorforums.com/ **

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post

Have you ever seen the show "Hoarding, buried alive?"
    He's using the entire basement and has been living there under a table at the back of the basement.
    Do you realize what a liability that is considering the previous owner of the building warned me that he was alcoholic.
    And he smokes. There could be some very tragic consequences.

Apparently he's not trusted because I told him to clear out of the basement months ago.
    He pads his bills to me and I've let it slide because I was too lazy (and timid) to confront him before.
    35 hours to paint an eight foot section of porch railing? Really?
    I have to pay for people to come in and redo stuff that he's "fixed."
    The previous owner did things on the cheap and that's how he does stuff.
    Now that I've owned the building for a couple of years I can see where they covered up stuff that was needing real attention.
    I will call in professionals to do the work. I've trusted him and given him the benefit of the doubt for two years now.

Rant over for now - need to catch my breath.
    As for the vacant apartment - I've hired a professional firm to reglaze the tub in the bathroom. The professional will take six hours to do the job including undoing the 'work' that was done before by him. My maintenance guy told me that it would take him an entire week and the he couldn't work on anything else while he was doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by jirqo adai View Post
    after Hitlers rise to Chancellorship, his second venture was thus. all landlords had 7 days to vacate their living space with only the clothing on their backs, and to inhabit their worst property. the people in their worst property was to live in their house. made baby hitlar very popular.

I keep my rental apartments very well - as a matter of fact when I was there yesterday M and I had a discussion about how charming it was. I am a very responsible landlady and try to keep my tenants comfortable and happy. The property is a historical landmark, not a slum.