Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nothing political with Mossy

Nothing political with Mossy

Mossfern, have you read Good Omens? I remember you mentioning that you were reading Terry Pratchett. Anyway, Amazon is launching the series to watch in 2019.

Whatever became of the tree that buck was molesting way back when?

"We are always getting ready to live, but never living."
    -RWE

she stopped pissing on it, so the deer went away

Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    Mossfern, have you read Good Omens? I remember you mentioning that you were reading Terry Pratchett. Anyway, Amazon is launching the series to watch in 2019.

Whatever became of the tree that buck was molesting way back when?
    Yes I did read Good Omens - it was one of the first Pratchett books I read.
    A series? I need to see that!

The tree survived.
    I put some metal sheathing around it right after it happened and the tree is thriving, although it does have a nasty scar in the bark.

I don't remember, have you read Prachett?
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion."

]Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Mossfern View Post

I don't remember, have you read Prachett?
    I tried! I really did, I bought the Discworld series and just couldn't get into it. I don't know why. Some of the humor is right up my alley. I'll try again at another time and will likely love it. What I did wrong was jump from another author that I loved right into Pratchett and that was a mistake. It's all about timing and head space with books for me now.

Do you have that? Something didn't take and then you tried it at another time and became obsessed with it?

-RWE

I tried! I really did, I bought the Discworld series and just couldn't get into it. I don't know why. Some of the humor is right up my alley. I'll try again at another time and will likely love it. What I did wrong was jump from another author that I loved right into Pratchett and that was a mistake. It's all about timing and head space with books for me now.

Do you have that? Something didn't take and then you tried it at another time and became obsessed with it?
    Yes.

Pratchett!

Hahahaha
    I'm savoring the last few pages of the last book.
    My daughter was reading some of the Discworld books years ago and I picked up The Color of Magic and I couldn't get into it.
    I don't remember which author I had just finished reading then. She and I often would go through authors together.

Pratchett's satire is extraordinary.
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion."

]Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

How many Peeps have you eaten so far this season, Mossfern?

-RWE

Peeps are disgusting!!!! My kids will shove a whole one in there mouth and it seriously makes me want to vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawks haw View Post
    Peeps are disgusting!!!! My kids will shove a whole one in there mouth and it seriously makes me want to vomit.
    Right back where we started.

Kids will shove whole ones in their mouths*

-RWE

Right back where we started.

Kids will shove whole ones in their mouths*
    Sorry. I forgot you're a gramnar nazi. Great now I can read about it here, and hear it at home. Lol