Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: HEY GIBLET, LEAR CAPITAL SAYS YOU'RE FULL OF BAT SHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by cotton View Post
    You do understand the volatility exhibited in the markets coupled with corrections as opposed to straight up day after day is not only normal but very healthy for any market dont you? The core of an investment portfolio should consist of a variety of investments that represent a broad spectrum of asset classes. Within the " broad spectrum " should be an established hedging program that allows one to navigate thru even the most serious correction without creating a slew of taxable events and timing scenarios that are far beyond the scope of everyday investors and tricky waters even for seasoned professionals. Most " investors" are nothing short of dice tossers that have little to no understanding of the dynamics of a market , causation and what is really driving prices behind tbe scenes and in the trenches. Unless one has experienced a few rounds of cyclical behavior in the economy and its reflection in the markets they are simply along for the ride. Theres nothing wrong with that unless one is a member of the general public that truly believes they are an investor and not simply a gambler. By the grace of God the markets have been very kind to thw investing public. Since practically all of them lack sn understanding of knowing how to capitalize on blood in the streets , have zero knowledge of hedging, zero knowledge of how taxation affects overall returns it would be one hell of a mess if and likely when markets perform in a manner as they did when i began investing. In those days you had to actually earn your money in the markets with very few (if any) ways to hedge etc. The best things that ever happened to the markets are #1 tax deferred vehicles such as 401ks , IRA's , Keogh etc #2. Derivatives #3 lower tax rates and especially the very reasonable long term capital gains rate
    experiments have shown that using a chimp to throw mud balls at a board listing the entirety of the Russel 4000 did better in picking winners than any group of professional investors or broker analists.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Fallgelb View Post
    experiments have shown that using a chimp to throw mud balls at a board listing the entirety of the Russel 4000 did better in picking winners than any group of professional investors or broker analists.

So can we get you to throw some mug balls chimp boy.
    “The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”Mad Dog Mattis

THERE'S A NEW DOCTOR IN TOWN!

The main and oftentimes only difference between a woman and a horse is the horse understands it's limitations. ... BC !I just made that up...:
    ^^Post #204 in the thread below.

http://downloadpolitics.com/showthre...Bridges/page11

Careful, it might go off! cotton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So what ? My only greater fool stock holding is a stock i have in my trust account and some in my personal account. Ive had it since 1988, adjusted for splits my cost basis is almost zero. The most i ever paid for it was 38 . its around 500 now.
    I didnt survive as an investor for this many years playing the " buy it and pray it goes up" game. Over 80% of my liquid investable and margin equity has been in creating synthetic neutrals out of derivatives on futures and indexed contracts . im not into gambling , thats for the general public and dice tossers. Once i figured out a way to short premiums coupling constants of units and strikes to the variables of volatility and premiums and using the ultimate diminishing factor of time to short the coupled product against its been candy from a baby for me. It amazes me how fucking stupid the public can be. The teue professionals play the game in an entirely different way than the general public. Why gamble and also have to wait for someone else to create the entry and exit . ? With synthetics you create your own . ive been shit kicked a few times but nothing compared to tbe profits. The only straight big time gamble ive taken in a while is crypto currency. Im down $40k but knew going in ill lose the 105k i have in it or eventually walk off with 500k +. Either way it doesnt change my life if i lose it. I may be in it 10 years who knows ? The only negative to me is not the 40k im down but the use of the 105 i have in it. I havent lost till i sell it.
    "who cares what games we choose . Little to win and nothing to lose"
    https://youtu.be/VOk2T6Uweao

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    You said the market was gonna crash too, that hasn't happened either. With today's drop it's officially in correction mode.

Not for me though because I'm smarter than all you tards. In the last 6 months my Amazon stock has gone up almost 600 a share, 2400 shares of it in my account. Figure that out. Giblet!
    Somethiong just doesnt't make sense. Since you are so wealthy and always want to be a moderator, here at DLP, why don't you just buy DLP...then you can be even more than just a mod.?

Careful, it might go off! cotton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Somethiong just doesnt't make sense. Since you are so wealthy and always want to be a moderator, here at DLP, why don't you just buy DLP...then you can be even more than just a mod.?
    Hes a very busy man. To match his education and talent level he was given a title at his wifes office. ' managing director of paper clips and staples"
    "who cares what games we choose . Little to win and nothing to lose"
    https://youtu.be/VOk2T6Uweao

Hes a very busy man. To match his education and talent level he was given a title at his wifes office. ' managing director of paper clips and staples"
    now you're starting to sound interesting ..tell us more..

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    So can we get you to throw some mug balls chimp boy.
    so you did short amazon..right? .. i bet you did... I don't believe anything you say : Super dopey doo doo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I offered to buy it once but Hoffa won't sell.
    “The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”Mad Dog Mattis

The main and oftentimes only difference between a woman and a horse is the horse understands it's limitations. ... BC !I just made that up...:

so you did short amazon..right? .. i bet you did... I don't believe anything you say : Super dopey doo doo.
    Nope I had 4000 shares of it and sold 1600 shares in Feb at $1461. My average cost was $24 a share on the 4000 which means I got back all my initial investment on that sale and then some. Since it's in my Roth 401k it's not taxable. The 2400 shares I have now have essentially a zero cost to me. 2400 shares at the current price is just under $3.4 million. I've got the money from the 1600 shares sitting in cash management fund that is not effected by the markets. I've got my holding in EA and Express Scripts both with very low cost per share. I'm a long term investor, I'm not trying to catch a falling knife.

The markets are dropping because of the talk of a trade war, Facebooks issues and a general 15-20 correction. The Dow 30 right now is building support at 23600 as soon as the trade war issue is resolved we'll see the markets begin to move back toward the highs.