Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Watch Ted Cruz Sweat the zuck Over Facebook Anti-Conservative Bias/Censorship

The Greater Malefic Unbidden Wrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    This isn't about the mining and sale of marketing demographic info. Any app you've ever used does that. It's about creating a narrative that government needs to regulate fb, and by extension, all other social media sites. Present and future.

For your own good. Zuck is the trusted social media maven giving his approval-nay- demanding government save us from ourselves.
    I get it. I simply think it's redundant. As if to suggest they require Zuckerfail et al in order to do what they'll inevitably do. Public approval is more desirable than essential.

Look no further than the sheep for your narrative. They offer it willingly, and with no prompting. Kid suicide='Bullying'=Government. The net was fated to be contained. None of us shall lift a finger to stop it, because we never try to stop anything, ever. Nobody's starving to death.
    ..................__ ____
    ........___,o` `.-''' ```-._.---------.
    ......'----..__,,_________,,-..____,'
    ................(_\.........(_\

Funny how those ancient old white slave owners foresaw all this hundreds of years ago...and took steps to prevent it.

The commies, tyrants and other forms of pestilence will never stop trying to weedle their way around it, as we are seeing...but as they say- it is written.
    You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality

People get to thinking that there's some point where they won't need to stay vigilant. Some political sweet spot where BG doesn't behave arbitrarily.

Total pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbidden Wrath View Post
    I don't believe it's multiple billions. And the data, at most, amounts to disposable email addresses and browser habits. Something less than a pot of gold. Not that it's right, but let's keep it in perspective.

Mountains from molehills.

Zuckerscum's powerless.
    he's not powerful, but the information his organization assembles has the potential to be quite powerful. fb follows its users, knows their browsing habits, political affiliations, etc etc. it's only one of a bevy of new and improved means of surveillance that people all over the world have willingly embraced for the convenience of 'new' technology.

paricutin started as a molehill, fwiw.

fb's active members? over 2.1 billion, atm.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post
    he's not powerful, but the information his organization assembles has the potential to be quite powerful. fb follows its users, knows their browsing habits, political affiliations, etc etc. it's only one of a bevy of new and improved means of surveillance that people all over the world have willingly embraced for the convenience of 'new' technology.

paricutin started as a molehill, fwiw.

fb's active members? over 2.1 billion, atm.
    Right. I'm impressed. I didn't expect it to even top 1bn.

It just seemed a stretch that intelligence and military R&D couldn't devise some method that surpassed piggybacking social media. It seems counter-intuitive, since the usual claim is that at any one time, they're a decade beyond domestic tech. But who the fuck knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Unbidden Wrath View Post
    Right. I'm impressed. I didn't expect it to even top 1bn.

It just seemed a stretch that intelligence and military R&D couldn't devise some method that surpassed piggybacking social media. It seems counter-intuitive, since the usual claim is that at any one time, they're a decade beyond domestic tech. But who the fuck knows?
    agreed. it's not likely they're going to tell us, either.
    Μολὼν λάβε