Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Suggestions..

Also, ban lala, buttyboi and persia. They are next to worthless posters.

All I got.
    What color is your ball and chain? ___________ LOLL.

Quote Originally Posted by IMCWSAC View Post
    Ignore instead of trolling, UW.
    It wasn't me!
    ___,o` `.-''' ```-._.----.
    '----..__,,_________,,-..____,'
    (_\ (_\

I think the forum will pick up traffic eventually.
    What I would like to see is more civil discussion about things we may not agree about.

I've had discussions with JHoff before where we actually exchanged differing views in a civil manner.
    I learned a lot from those discussions and appreciated them. While they may not have changed my mind, I understoodbetter the reasoning behind his views.

I've done that in the past on Islamic forums too. Learning about what other other people believe in a civil and respectfullmanner engenders growth both
    intellectually and spiritually.

So, understanding the nature of this particular forum, I would suggest only a "Civility" sub forum - or something named less dorky than "Civility."
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion." - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Mossfern View Post
    I've done that in the past on Islamic forums too.
    Don't do that anymore
    \

Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip View Post
    Don't do that anymore
    \

Why not?
    As a matter of fact, I don't any more because the people I had discussions with weren't there any more and there were too many
    very young people who were worried about typical adolescent stuff. Many people there were nice and we had great theological debates
    without name calling. There were some there who were more fundamentalist and radical with whom I argued, and others who were more
    liberal in their views.
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion." - Douglas Adams

I've had discussions with JHoff before where we actually exchanged differing views in a civil manner.
    Oh yeah, right. Sure. Uh-huh.

I learned a lot from those discussions and appreciated them. While they may not have changed my mind, I understoodbetter the reasoning behind his views.
    I talk to trees in the woods. I never change their minds, but then I don't give a shit what they think.

I've done that in the past on Islamic forums too. Learning about what other other people believe in a civil and respectfullmanner engenders growth both
    DIY bombs: Turn a humble kitchen into a munitions factory.

Free the ta-tas.

... says Satan's little spy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lumonux View Post
    Also,

All I got.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lumonux View Post
    ... says Satan's little spy ...
    So, you are trolling Hoffa’s suggestion thread?

I think the forum will pick up traffic eventually.
    What I would like to see is more civil discussion about things we may not agree about.

So, understanding the nature of this particular forum, I would suggest only a "Civility" sub forum - or something named less dorky than "Civility."
    I have had a similar experience with Hoffa, Dude, and Billy. I second the idea of a Civility sub forum.