Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, remember that beautiful 100 year old maple

Quote Originally Posted by Mossfern View Post
    Don't know the extent - I do know that at least one of the rafters is wiped out.
    When a tree fell on our garage, the insurance adjuster said that it needed to be torn down because the structure had been torqued.

I hope this can just be simple - don't want to go through all the crap.
    If they don't get here soon, it will start storming again and we'll have more water damage.
    There's water dripping all the way down to the kitchen.
    If you can get the damn thing off of there they can nail a tarp to hold you over.

Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    If you can get the damn thing off of there they can nail a tarp to hold you over.
    That's what they said, but they need a crane.
    They'll be here first thing tomorrow morning - it's too dark now.
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion." - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    “My house is so big that We can stay on the other side while we wait for the scumbag contractors to fix the damaged side. Our butler will keep us informed about how the work is progressing. That way we don’t have to mingle with the lower class worker ingrates. Thank God for square footage. Tea anyone?”

lol
    WTF?
    Small houses have other sides.
    LMAO

I'm sorry for your situation Moss. I suppose I'd be thankful it didn't kill anyone or your pets.

I'm sorry you had to go through that; I know how scary storms are. And poor kitties! The sound of even a large branch coming off the oak tree during a storm is SO loud! Good thing you have insurance.
    K.A.G.

~ Shower the people you love with love ~

Yeah.
    It's over now, another one supposed to happen later tonight.
    Leaks everywhere. We called the insurance company and the adjuster should call us back within the hour.
    Hopefully we can get this behemoth off the house soon. The police came and taped off the "danger" area
    and the town construction official is on call, but we can stay on the other side of the house for now.
    Another bad thing about living in NJ! Indiana never has stuff like this happen!

Well maybe one of these once in a while.

DLP Worldwide HQ in BFE Ohio 2 weeks ago.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SoreReflec...th-max-1mb.gif

There are no large trees in Indiana?
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion." - Douglas Adams

Is it off the house yet?

Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

There are no large trees in Indiana?
    Yeah but they don't fall on my house.
    DLP Worldwide HQ in BFE Ohio 2 weeks ago.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SoreReflec...th-max-1mb.gif

Is it off the house yet?
    They got it off the house and they've ordered a log truck to haul it away.
    Right now they've got a couple guys up in a bucket putting a tarp on the roof.
    The insurance company has called in a structural engineer - more damage than we thought and I'm finding wet ceilings and walls
    in random places around the house - so far on the first floor. I haven't checked a couple of bedrooms as of yet. Remember this house
    was built in the 1880's and was a do-it-yourself project for the owner, so it's kinda funky.

Just saw a big thing fly by the front window - gonna go look...