Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, remember that beautiful 100 year old maple

Quote Originally Posted by IMCWSAC View Post
    I've seen him on YouTube. Biting ugly fuckeroo.
    Zach?

Quote Originally Posted by GoGo View Post
    Oh no!!!! I'm surrounded by some pretty old trees, but none that old on my property. We've planted a few, but it's going to take a while.

Hope this isn't too much of a nightmare for you, Moss. How many does that leave you, any that old?
    It's just annoying. We can't use our bathroom, but luckily there's another one, albeit kind of ratty, so I had to quickly grab everything that I thought we would need while the drying technicians waited in the bedroom. There's those damn noisy machines in three places in the house and they have already put a tarp securely on the roof. In a few days they'll have a structural engineer assess the house because there are some new significant cracks in several walls. The house is 120 years old and I don't think it was built to withstand a tree that size dropping on it.

There's a very big tulip poplar at the back of the property that if it goes will not hit any of my structures, but will most likely fall on the playground in the park behind. There's also an old oak that looms over the cottage in the back that we rent out, but it seems pretty healthy. I'll have an arborist assess it when everything calms down.
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion." - Douglas Adams

I'll take care of you. I got room to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip View Post
    I'll take care of you. I got room to spare.
    Wow!

Road, I am tired and I misread your name, thought it said madtrip. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Persia View Post
    Road, I am tired and I misread your name, thought it said madtrip. Love it.
    take a power nap

Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip View Post
    take a power nap
    Yes, I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Persia View Post
    That explains it!
    Zachacabra..

Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    Zachacabra..
    Terrifying, lethal. Someone should post a bounty.

Zach is just a cuddly teddy bear - you all fret needlessly.
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion." - Douglas Adams