Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 212

Thread: Well, remember that beautiful 100 year old maple

  1. #1

    Well, remember that beautiful 100 year old maple

    It just fell on my house and cracked again over the roof.
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion." - Douglas Adams

  2. #2
    It's still on the house wedged onto the part of the trunk that's still standing.
    Emergencies all over town - sirens, sirens and more sirens.
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion." - Douglas Adams

  3. #3
    You having a storm?





    Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.




  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    You having a storm?
    Yeah.
    It's over now, another one supposed to happen later tonight.
    Leaks everywhere. We called the insurance company and the adjuster should call us back within the hour.
    Hopefully we can get this behemoth off the house soon. The police came and taped off the "danger" area
    and the town construction official is on call, but we can stay on the other side of the house for now.
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion." - Douglas Adams

  5. #5
    “My house is so big that We can stay on the other side while we wait for the scumbag contractors to fix the damaged side. Our butler will keep us informed about how the work is progressing. That way we don’t have to mingle with the lower class worker ingrates. Thank God for square footage. Tea anyone?”


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossfern View Post
    Yeah.
    It's over now, another one supposed to happen later tonight.
    Leaks everywhere. We called the insurance company and the adjuster should call us back within the hour.
    Hopefully we can get this behemoth off the house soon. The police came and taped off the "danger" area
    and the town construction official is on call, but we can stay on the other side of the house for now.
    Around here there are tree services you can call to take care of that..





    Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.




  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    “My house is so big that We can stay on the other side while we wait for the scumbag contractors to fix the damaged side. Our butler will keep us informed about how the work is progressing. That way we don’t have to mingle with the lower class worker ingrates. Thank God for square footage. Tea anyone?”

    lol





    Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.




  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    “My house is so big that We can stay on the other side while we wait for the scumbag contractors to fix the damaged side. Our butler will keep us informed about how the work is progressing. That way we don’t have to mingle with the lower class worker ingrates. Thank God for square footage. Tea anyone?”

    WTF?
    Small houses have other sides.
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion." - Douglas Adams

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    Around here there are tree services you can call to take care of that..

    There are over hundred trees down in town - we're calling the emergency service that the insurance company recommended for us.
    The local tree services are busy with greater emergencies like taking trees off power lines and those that area down over roads.

    Why are you guys being such jerks?
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion." - Douglas Adams

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossfern View Post
    There are over hundred trees down in town - we're calling the emergency service that the insurance company recommended for us.
    The local tree services are busy with greater emergencies like taking trees off power lines and those that area down over roads.

    Why are you guys being such jerks?
    I was just making a suggestion.. Rather than wait for the "Town construction official" we call a tree service.





    Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •