Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, remember that beautiful 100 year old maple

Apparently the tree was pretty hollow.
    The wood is compromised.
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion." - Douglas Adams

WTF is that sposda mean? can they make flooring out of it? you don't know.

maybe a pic or two.............to show us what you mean? not necessarily of your boobs, but of the tree.

I don't have time to do this - it's sitting through the roof of the house in the attic.
    The tree people will be here within the hour - we were told.

They're going to put a tarp over the roof.
    Thank goodness it fell toward the east side, if it had fallen the other way, it would have gone through the bedroom ceiling.
    I told M that we needed to call in an arborist - there was shelf fungus growing on it and we lost some major limbs
    in the last storm. Nobody listens to me.

I think it's because I'm small.

Poor me
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion." - Douglas Adams

Did it do any structural damage?

Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    Did it do any structural damage?
    Don't know the extent - I do know that at least one of the rafters is wiped out.
    When a tree fell on our garage, the insurance adjuster said that it needed to be torn down because the structure had been torqued.

I hope this can just be simple - don't want to go through all the crap.
    If they don't get here soon, it will start storming again and we'll have more water damage.
    There's water dripping all the way down to the kitchen.

Looks like it's not happening today - tree people came out and realized that they need a crane to lift the tree off the house.
    I'm tired. They'll be here first thing tomorrow morning.

How horrible Moss. I hope this is dealt with soon. Please keep us up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Persia View Post
    How horrible Moss. I hope this is dealt with soon. Please keep us up to date.
    Thanks, it's more of an inconvenience and a pain in the neck.
    I do mourn the loss of the majestic tree though.

The cats disappeared for more than three hours, they were that frightened...it made a terrifying sound when it hit the house.
    M was outside uprighting some blown down plants and he wasn't even aware it happened when I came running out to see if he was OK.