Thread: The system I built and USB wireless problem

The system I built and USB wireless problem

Recently I acquired a "Super Case TX388" computer case for around $40. Almost identical to the case the PowerSpec brand system I have is in. I put a salvaged Intel D102GGC2 motherboard in it along with a DVD ROM drive and a CD RW drive. Then I put a PCI Express controller adapter card in. Next came four, yes I wrote four, Hard drives (3 40GB and 1 80GB) the board can handle four SATA drives but could not find any lying around so I went with four ATA drives that I had laying around.

I have drive C loaded with Windows XP Professional with drive D for additional storage.

Drive E is loaded with Slackware vers. 14.2 with drive F as Linux storage (ext4 file system)

I am using the on board graphics.

PROBLEM I cannot get Slackware to recognize either of the USB wireless cards I have tried. No luck finding Linux drivers. They work with Windows. As a result I currently have an ethernet cable running from the newly created system to the PowerSpec system to enable internet access for Slackware. I am thinking of getting a wireless card but am afraid that it may cause the PCI Express controller not to be recognized because that card did have conflicts when I tried it in the PowerSpec system which has an add on graphics card and a wireless card along with a 4 port USB expansion card. With the new system I am using the onboard graphics but I do have a 4 port USB expansion card installed.

My dream is to use the new system kind of like a server for file storage for the Notebook I have that is dual boot XP Pro and Slackware. Plus I might store some files from the PowerSpec system on it but I can do that using the ethernet cable.
    If not for slavery there would be no historical record of niggers actually working

stay with the spics. youll always have an easier time fucking them.
    its akin to trying to lead a horse by holding a carrot near its butt..........it just aint gonna work

Quote Originally Posted by DLLS View Post
    Recently I acquired a "Super Case TX388" computer case for around $40. Almost identical to the case the PowerSpec brand system I have is in. I put a salvaged Intel D102GGC2 motherboard in it along with a DVD ROM drive and a CD RW drive. Then I put a PCI Express controller adapter card in. Next came four, yes I wrote four, Hard drives (3 40GB and 1 80GB) the board can handle four SATA drives but could not find any lying around so I went with four ATA drives that I had laying around.

I have drive C loaded with Windows XP Professional with drive D for additional storage.

Drive E is loaded with Slackware vers. 14.2 with drive F as Linux storage (ext4 file system)

I am using the on board graphics.

PROBLEM I cannot get Slackware to recognize either of the USB wireless cards I have tried. No luck finding Linux drivers. They work with Windows. As a result I currently have an ethernet cable running from the newly created system to the PowerSpec system to enable internet access for Slackware. I am thinking of getting a wireless card but am afraid that it may cause the PCI Express controller not to be recognized because that card did have conflicts when I tried it in the PowerSpec system which has an add on graphics card and a wireless card along with a 4 port USB expansion card. With the new system I am using the onboard graphics but I do have a 4 port USB expansion card installed.

My dream is to use the new system kind of like a server for file storage for the Notebook I have that is dual boot XP Pro and Slackware. Plus I might store some files from the PowerSpec system on it but I can do that using the ethernet cable.
    Maybe its not working because you work on it too much. Call me crazy but id throw all of that stuff out and get another one. Sort of like getting a different gf.

Did this thread happen in the late nineties?

Can you get me into NSA Headquarters?

Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip View Post
    The Lone Gunmen, bro.

I have trouble even finding anything in the My Documents folder.
    What color is your ball and chain? ___________ LOLL.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumonux View Post
    I have trouble even finding anything in the My Documents folder.
    Somebody else is in there with me. We're having a really good time.

Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip View Post
    Anything for you, ol' blue eyes.

Have a cheap wireless card on the way, should be here sometime Tuesday. Hopefully it will be compatible with Slackware.
    If not for slavery there would be no historical record of niggers actually working