Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Inverse ETF's...

Question Inverse ETF's...

Anyone familiar with them?

Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

rhymes with " out of favor "
    its akin to trying to lead a horse by holding a carrot near its butt..........it just aint gonna work

Rhymes with very predictable..

dude. you dint even buy the UVV when I mentioned it at 48. just stop. research individual stocks. that's right J. stop being suckered with big words. these are individual peoples babies, and some should be kept while throwing out the bathwater.
    its akin to trying to lead a horse by holding a carrot near its butt..........it just aint gonna work

I see this so so very fucking often J. YOU ARE BEING BAMBOOZLED.

ETF's mare more stable and safer than individual stocks..

UVV was on a constant downtrend till it popped on an earnings call.

VMCTX and VFIAX. ETF from Vanguard and you pay no tax

Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization.

youre gonna get burnt. plain and simple. I focus on out of favor stocks. which is what you want, im assuming, so you can swoop down for the quick kill. non disclosure agreement and 900 and you and I can sit down on-line and I will show you either what to look for, or which ones to look at. you want high growth, that would come with the wild and abandoned feature of speculative gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    Anyone familiar with them?
    Yes. Inv ETF's are a good tool for traders . best uses ...

#1. If youre holding longs with capital appreciation that need a hedge. There are times when you may want to prolong creating a taxable event but want to maintain your status quo. Hedging with an ETF thats inverse to the above described longs can do that and ..
    1B. Neutralize. If for instance you have a very busy few days , weeks etc ahead of you they can be used to neutralize what youre holding until you are ready to get back on it.

#2. Some traders simply are better at or their trading profile favors working the short side of the markets. Remember : markets drop faster than rise. I love spec shorts ...why you ask?

2B. In a short you dont have to have a greater fool to make a profit.

2C. There are a variety of reasons for investors or specs to sell. Fear. Self preservation. Capital needs . liquidations occur for many reasons. The long side is driven mostly by pure greed or simple ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    ETF's mare more stable and safer than individual stocks..

UVV was on a constant downtrend till it popped on an earnings call.
    Exactly . You can get very frustrated and tackled hard in individual issues. Nothing worse than being long or short a couple of stocks that have shitty betas or simply a mind of their own.
    One thing I learned from myself and watching clients is a tendency to compound a simple miscue or mistake by trying to fix it. Best to wash your hands of that error and keep doing what you do best.
    Play into your strengths and away from your weaknesses.
    By far the easiest money i have made , make and will continue to make is shorting options. After seeing so many clients buy them and end up in the shit with it it stood to reason and by process of elimination the writer (seller) was consistant against the public. The public is foolish. Make long option buyers of puts or calls beat you . yoi have the advantage from day one. They have to beat you on price , time, strike and volatility. " they " cant do it consistantly. I dont know or want to know your tolerance and other disclosables so to be ethical thats not a recommendation. But its food for thought.