Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Really Sweden? Banning sex on billboards?

Really Sweden? Banning sex on billboards?

https://www.rt.com/news/429643-stock...vertising-ban/

Gender stereotypes’ & ‘sexual objectification’ banned from Stockholm billboards
    Scantily-clad blondes on the streets of Stockholm will soon be a thing of the past after the city council voted to give the advertising regulator sweeping new powers to remove adverts it deems sexist or degrading.
    Sweden the land of prudes.
    If not for slavery there would be no historical record of niggers actually working

Not that I pay any attention to advertising ('cause I don't), but what do they intend to replace the "sexual objectification" with? Middle-aged cat ladies wearing "pussy" hats? Obese, tattooed bull dykes? Muslim women in burqas?

Quote Originally Posted by TLSG View Post
    Not that I pay any attention to advertising ('cause I don't), but what do they intend to replace the "sexual objectification" with? Middle-aged cat ladies wearing "pussy" hats? Obese, tattooed bull dykes? Muslim women in burqas?
    Darn hard to sell sunscreen when the model is in a burka.
    If not for slavery there would be no historical record of niggers actually working

Quote Originally Posted by DLLS View Post
    Darn hard to sell sunscreen when the model is in a burka.
    No problem, they'll just ban sunscreen due to "cultural appropriation" or some shit like that.

Just the facts, ma'am.

And I tend to agree. I don't pay any attention to ads now, but I think if they just presented product facts, it would actually probably score more sales because it would be grasped a lot more readily.

All this subliminal bullshit is just a vestige of 1960's paranoia.
    What color is your ball and chain? ___________ LOLL.

No problem, they'll just ban sunscreen due to "cultural appropriation" or some shit like that.
    Probably be more "scientific" than that. Something along the lines of sunscreen reflects the rays of the sun back into the atmosphere thus increasing global warming so it is better for the planet for people to absorb the suns rays.

Quote Originally Posted by DLLS View Post
    Probably be more "scientific" than that. Something along the lines of sunscreen reflects the rays of the sun back into the atmosphere thus increasing global warming so it is better for the planet for people to absorb the suns rays.
    I did read a while back that Hawaii wanted to crack down on sunscreen because it was somehow affecting the coral reefs.

You can't make this shit up.

Yeah, they can. And did.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumonux View Post
    Just the facts, ma'am.

And I tend to agree. I don't pay any attention to ads now, but I think if they just presented product facts, it would actually probably score more sales because it would be grasped a lot more readily.

All this subliminal bullshit is just a vestige of 1960's paranoia.
    I agree with this.

I rarely pay attention to ads and if they try to use a celebrity, sex, political view or comedy to promote a product, I completely tune it out.

I want to read about a product and the ingredients or how it functions or how the product can be used.
    Does anyone even respond to the phony cheap advertisements of most products?

How many different ways what you're about to buy can kill is important information, no doubt about it.

But mainly, I almost always know what I'm goint to buy before I buy it. Except shampoo. Mind blowing array of products. That aisle basically sends me catatonic. I could have spent hours in that aisle this morning.