Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DLP's official Eurodance thread

Here's the great Eurodance hit song Around the World (La La La La La) by the talented ATC:

"Around the World (La La La La La)" is the debut single by German Eurodance group ATC (also known as A Touch of Class). The song is a cover of the Russian hit "Pesenka" by Ruki Vverh! and uses the song's melody with additional English lyrics. Both songs feature the phrase "la la la la la" in a call and response format.

The song is ATC's most successful single, reaching the top 20 in most countries where it was released.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Around...a_La_La_La_La)

There are three talented wiggers in the world: Vanilla Ice, Snow and the following rapper from Maxx:

Maxx Get-A-Way

Come with me baby, give me something irie
    Me born and me raised in the New York Citya
    In the dance hall, on the dance hall, on the dance floor
    We do the rum dance man
    Ragga man, yes, it is a ragga man jam
    People drinking champagne fun full of fashion
    Pump it up start to swing your body
    While you listen to the music jump up and party

Ragga this, ragga that and a rabba-dub stylee
    Feeling OK, me feeling so irie
    I'm a white man, I'm a white man
    Ragga with me and get ready to dance man
    Boom shakalak truly open your mind
    I'm the white ragga man, baby, one of a kinda
    Ragga man, yes, gonna make my day
    Open your mind, I'm your get-a-way

Get-a-way, get-a-way
    You're my get-a-way
    Get-a-way, baby
    I wanna break out
    Get-a-way, get-a-way
    You're my get-a-way
    Get-a-way, get-a-way

Biribiribi, me feeling irie
    Come back again, with the sign of a party
    On the party, I'm the dance man
    Flipping around to the ragga man stylee
    Drinking champagne full of fashiona
    Party people to the rum dance mana
    In the club man, on the dance floor
    Everybody do the rum dance mana

Get-a-way, get-a-way
    You're my get-a-way
    Get-a-way, baby
    I wanna break out
    Get-a-way, get-a-way
    You're my get-a-way
    Get-a-way, get-a-way

I need you night and day
    Baby, I need you
    Yes, you're my get-a-way
    Take it night, night and day
    I wanna break up now
    You're my get-a-way
    I need you night and day
    Get-a-way, get-a-way

Do it, do it, baby
    Do it night and day
    Do it, do it, baby
    You're my get-a-way

Get-a-way, get-a-way
    You're my get-a-way
    Get-a-way, baby
    I wanna break out
    Get-a-way, get-a-way
    You're my get-a-way
    Get-a-way, get-a-way

Get-a-way, get-a-way
    You're my get-a-way
    Get-a-way, baby
    I wanna break out
    Get-a-way, get-a-way
    You're my get-a-way
    Get-a-way, get-a-way

Maxx is a German Eurodance project that was internationally successful in the mid-90s with the hit singles "Get-A-Way", "No More (I Can't Stand It)"[1] and "You Can Get It".[2] The name 'Maxx' is a special acronym for Maximum Xstasy.[3]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxx_(eurodance_act)

"Get-A-Way" is a Top-10 European hit single by the German Eurodance project Maxx. The song was first released on October 1993 as the debut single from the project. In Germany, the single reached Gold status for selling over 250,000 units. By mid-1994, it sold over 1.1 million in Europe.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get-A-Way

Here's Let the Beat Go On (extended version), which is my favorite song from the famous Nigerian-born Swedish Eurodance artist Dr. Alban:

Alban Uzoma Nwapa (born 26 August 1957 in Oguta), better known by his stage name Dr. Alban, is a Nigerian-born Swedish recording artist and producer with his own record label, Dr. Records.[1] His music can best be described as a Eurodance/hip-hop reggae in a dancehall style.[1] He sold an estimated 16 million records worldwide[2][3][4] and is most famous for his worldwide 1992 hit "It's My Life" which was one of the songs from the album One Love.[1]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Alban

Here's a Eurodance hit song that's so famous that even ignorant Americans have heard it:

"What Is Love" is a song recorded by Trinidadian-German Eurodance artist Haddaway for his debut album, The Album. The song is recognizable by its refrain "What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me... no more." It was a massive hit in Europe, becoming a number-one hit in at least 13 countries and reaching number two in Germany, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
    (…)
    "What is Love" experienced a revival as the song from the Saturday Night Live "Roxbury Guys" sketches later expanded into the 1998 feature film A Night at the Roxbury, where two brothers (played by Chris Kattan and Will Ferrell) frequently went to dance clubs with a third person (including actors such as Sylvester Stallone and Jim Carrey), credited as "Barhop". It was also used in the 2013 video game Saints Row IV and included as one of the tracks in Just Dance 2017.[16][17]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Is_Love

Quote Originally Posted by -I-I-I-I- View Post
    Here's a Eurodance hit song that's so famous that even ignorant Americans have heard it:
    The Roxbury Guys was a recurring sketch that debuted March 23, 1996 as a satire of nightclubs and clubbing culture. It followed the exploits of brothers Doug and Steve Butabi (portrayed by Chris Kattan and Will Ferrell respectively), habitual clubbers dressed in rayon suits, as they attempt to pick up women on their outings. Their trademark was bobbing their heads in unison to the song "What Is Love" by Haddaway, which always played throughout the duration of each sketch. The brothers were extremely unfortunate with the women at the clubs, often gyrating against them in an attempt to get them to dance, but always causing a negative reaction. They were frequently joined by a third person, often the host, who would dress and act in a similar fashion (notably Tom Hanks, Jim Carrey, Sylvester Stallone, Martin Short, and Alec Baldwin); this character was usually credited as "Barhop". Skits starring Pamela Anderson and Cameron Diaz were also featured. The sketch spawned a film titled, A Night at the Roxbury.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurr...e_Roxbury_Guys

Here are some of my favorite songs by the famous Swedish Eurodance artist E-Type:

Russian Lullaby

This Is The Way

Bo Martin Erik Eriksson (born August 27, 1965), better known by his stage name E-Type, is a Swedish Eurodance musician.[1]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-Type_(musician)

Yeah.. Cause if there's one thing we all need in our lives it's more eurodancing.

Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    Yeah.. Cause if there's one thing we all need in our lives it's more eurodancing.

I knew you had to be lurking around here. How's it going?