Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fined by the IRS. Fined by the State as a person AND as a Corporation..

Thumbs down Fined by the IRS. Fined by the State as a person AND as a Corporation..

In an event absolutely made for the "Drama" forum..

Does anyone realize how badly you are f***** if your bookeeper has a midlife crisis and takes off to Florida.. With all your receipts?

The answer probably won't surprise you - You're really, REALLY, REALLY, fucked.

Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

Everyone that deals honestly, tries to do the right thing and happens to be white is fucked. Do you qualify?
    Geraniums stink.

I know, right? What the hell do you do?

The answer is complicated and expensive.. You go to everyone you did business with, scrounge up every invoice and receipt you can, and then you pay someone else to do your taxes, and you claim all that stuff you could have deducted, but no longer have, as income.. And it's late, of course, so you pay a "failure to file" fee.. And a "late" fee.. And a "Because we said so!" fee.. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    I know, right? What the hell do you do?

The answer is complicated and expensive.. You go to everyone you did business with, scrounge up every invoice and receipt you can, and then you pay someone else to do your taxes, and you claim all that stuff you could have deducted, but no longer have, as income.. And it's late, of course, so you pay a "failure to file" fee.. And a "late" fee.. And a "Because we said so!" fee.. Etc.

That's one answer that will still get you fucked six ways from Sunday. Alternatively, and it's looking more and more attractive, unfortunately... is to become unprincipled, ruthless, criminal, blend in with the left and figure out how not to look white while doing it.
    Geraniums stink.

Be smarter than your bookkeeper. It's not that difficult.

So I have learned.. I now have a shiny new printer/copier/fax to hard copy all these things myself.

This is a problem I never anticipated.