Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Easy skillet dinner

  1. #1

    Easy skillet dinner

    2 frozen hamburger beef patties
    1 package fully cooked brats
    Half large red onion, chopped
    3 stalks celery, chopped
    1 jar fire roasted red pepper
    1 lb 12 oz can crushed tomatoes
    Garlic powder
    Black Pepper
    Dried oregano
    Dried parsley

    Brown meat in skillet, add onions, then celery.
    Add rest of ingredients and simmer. (Optional) Add some arrowroot for slight thickening before heating.

    Serve over rice, pasta or buttered cabbage.
    Geraniums stink.

  2. #2
    Celery?


    WHY?





    Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.




  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    Celery?


    WHY?
    I'm not interested in messing with you at the moment. It's good in this recipe. Trust me or don't. I don't give a flip.
    Geraniums stink.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    Because Celery sucks!





    Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.




  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    2 frozen hamburger beef patties
    1 package fully cooked brats
    Half large red onion, chopped
    3 stalks celery, chopped
    1 jar fire roasted red pepper
    1 lb 12 oz can crushed tomatoes
    Garlic powder
    Black Pepper
    Dried oregano
    Dried parsley

    Brown meat in skillet, add onions, then celery.
    Add rest of ingredients and simmer. (Optional) Add some arrowroot for slight thickening before heating.

    Serve over rice, pasta or buttered cabbage.
    OMG. This was to die for!! I just made a few substitutions.

    Gourmet dark chocolate chips for the hamburger
    100% natural, creamy peanut butter instead of the brats
    Dry instant pudding mix (vanilla) took the place of the onion, celery, and red pepper
    Crushed tomatoes were replaced with marshmallow fluff
    I used chopped pecans in place of the dry seasonings

    Follow the rest of the instructions as originally posted, but serve over a chocolate cream cheese brownie.


  6. #6
    Brats'nBurgers?

    What is the frequency, Kenneth?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    OMG. This was to die for!! I just made a few substitutions.

    Gourmet dark chocolate chips for the hamburger
    100% natural, creamy peanut butter instead of the brats
    Dry instant pudding mix (vanilla) took the place of the onion, celery, and red pepper
    Crushed tomatoes were replaced with marshmallow fluff
    I used chopped pecans in place of the dry seasonings

    Follow the rest of the instructions as originally posted, but serve over a chocolate cream cheese brownie.



    Quote Originally Posted by Lum View Post
    Brats'nBurgers?

    What is the frequency, Kenneth?
    Add some beer.
    Geraniums stink.

  8. #8
    I forgot to say that the brats should be sliced into discs and the hamburger should be crumbled when it's a little more than less done.

    I also neglected to add the part about the nutritional yeast which adds wonderful flavor, but for some reason squicks people out.

    None of this matters because not a one of you is going to make this. You'd eat it if I made it for you, though. And you'd love it.
    Geraniums stink.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lum View Post
    It would not ship well.
    This is true. What's your point?
    Geraniums stink.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •