Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I wish Cotton were here..

And, because we're talking about 10K here, I'm well under the PDT rule.

Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    Thanks.

Yeah.. I'm getting very good at identifying trends and making an entry..

Now, I need to work on getting out with my bag of loot.
    When to exit has always been my weak spot. I tend to get out too early. Youre up 10k on this trade ?
    Where is my fucking cat?

No, 10K buy, paper money. Up 26%, or $2600 dollars.

Trying to get good at this with paper money before jumping back in.

No, 10K buy, paper money. Up 26%, or $2600 dollars.

Trying to get good at this with paper money before jumping back in.
    I understand that. Once you find your groove and your strength its a seamless move from paper to cash. Well, almost. Its good to see you Hoffa. Hope youve been doing well.
    Where is my fucking cat?

Thanks.. You also..

I hope everything is going well for you.

Thanks.. You also..

I hope everything is going well for you.
    Youre welcome
    Where is my fucking cat?

You'll never be happy with the results if you're constantly trying to buy at the very low and sell at the very top. Set a range, learn to read support and resistance, and start using Fibonnaci retracements. You're obviously on the TDA platform, so use the education section and watch the short videos and webcasts, and take the quizzes. Before you know it, you'll have complete analysis paralysis. Diversify and hedge your bets. Learn about simple options like selling covered calls and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorrent View Post
    You'll never be happy with the results if you're constantly trying to buy at the very low and sell at the very top. Set a range, learn to read support and resistance, and start using Fibonnaci retracements. You're obviously on the TDA platform, so use the education section and watch the short videos and webcasts, and take the quizzes. Before you know it, you'll have complete analysis paralysis. Diversify and hedge your bets. Learn about simple options like selling covered calls and the like.
    Sock #2.

Take an acting class at your local theater or community college.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorrent View Post
    800 on paper today.. Not too shabby.

10K capital.

The answer to the question of when to get out seems to revolve around short term run averages..

If you see the 10 day EMA pulled flat in active trading, that's an indication something is happening.

It may not signal the end of a run, but it signals a possible inflection point and a cashout should happen and a retracement is possibly in the works.. Or it is an inflection point.