Thread: Government Municipal Bonds

Government Municipal Bonds

Do you guys think investing in municipal bonds would be a good idea? To me it seems like no matter what happens in Washington, whichever side takes more power, the Federal government is going to be investing money in rebuilding the country's infrastructure. So maybe the municipal bonds behind that infrastructure would be a good idea. Even if the country has its difficulties, it does not seem like our government is one to flake on debts. So do you think investing in municipal bonds is a good idea?

As in tax free munis ? They are exempt from federal taxation. They offer less risk (as a rule) than many corporate bonds therefore offer a lower yield. To determine if a muni is right for you divide the yield by your reciprocal tax rate . They typically (on a yield basis) only make sense for high bracket investors. From a safety standpoint only, yes they make sense
    Where is my fucking cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    As in tax free munis ? They are exempt from federal taxation. They offer less risk (as a rule) than many corporate bonds therefore offer a lower yield. To determine if a muni is right for you divide the yield by your reciprocal tax rate . They typically (on a yield basis) only make sense for high bracket investors. From a safety standpoint only, yes they make sense
    Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. At this point I want low risk. I already did the higher risk stuff when I was younger.

that pretty fucking sad. anyone would even consider munis. there are trusts that give alot higher. i like the ones who have upside through additional field developement. even some that have all well commitments are at 14+
    its akin to trying to lead a horse by holding a carrot near its butt..........it just aint gonna work

Quote Originally Posted by number four View Post
    that pretty fucking sad. anyone would even consider munis. there are trusts that give alot higher. i like the ones who have upside through additional field developement. even some that have all well commitments are at 14+
    Do you think I would be better off sticking with basic, safe traditional stocks? I've considered that too. I've also considered precious metals. At this point in my life, high risk is out though. No penny stocks or brand-new startups.

Quote Originally Posted by Lum View Post
    You mean invest in the stocks of this company that makes ammunition? Maybe not a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Mah Cats View Post
    Do you think I would be better off sticking with basic, safe traditional stocks? I've considered that too. I've also considered precious metals. At this point in my life, high risk is out though. No penny stocks or brand-new startups.
    if you are gonna play by someone elses rules, then do so.
    create your own, then stick with them.
    ive found " stocks " youd never want to sell theyre so honest.
    transparancy coupled with a fantastic bussiness plan.
    or, go the other plain.
    something that self regulates and never ends. e
    but in all concideration, if you cant tell another person exactly what the company does, and how they go about capitalizing upon that goal, youre gambling on the bigger fool method.
    its akin to trying to lead a horse by holding a carrot near its butt..........it just aint gonna work