View Poll Results: Should felons have their 2A rights restored?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 66.67%
  • No

2 33.33%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Should felons have their 2A rights restored?

i like my idea better. toss two three pound sledge hammers with eighteen to fourteen inch handles into the day room. winner takes all.
    its akin to trying to lead a horse by holding a carrot near its butt..........it just aint gonna work

Quote Originally Posted by DLLS View Post
    Bernie Sanders should be advocating for imprisoned felons to be allowed to possess firearms, since he wants to restore their right to vote while in prison.
    Not the worst idea! That might take care of the prison overpopulation issue.

Quote Originally Posted by number four View Post
    i like my idea better. toss two three pound sledge hammers with eighteen to fourteen inch handles into the day room. winner takes all.
    Tops in TV entertainment, definitely suitable for GGN.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Not the worst idea! That might take care of the prison overpopulation issue.
    And GGN, my TV network, would make a killing.

yeah right. i wreck my truck into a tree so i loose the right to drive.
    Not exactly. Driving is a privilege, not a right, supposedly granted to you by the government to which you submit. In actuality, the only reason you don't continue to drive is because you acknowledge the control over you and their determined punishmnet for doing something you have every right to do, which is move freely wherever you want. You still have the ability to drive whether you acknowledge the control or not. That never goes away, just like all of your abilities.

im the sole person who removed that right to operate a vehicle.
    Incorrect. You're the sole person responsible for ruining your truck, a tree, and your will to fight a system which constantly taxes and charges you to do things you're supposed to be able to do freely. More than likely, you're one of the masses who does nothing but complain and submit at the same time while justifying it by saying "There's nothing I can do."

your feeble brain cant bend around peoples responsabilities. you wanna play Tony Gonzalas? then youll be treated like him. next youll be telling us women have a right to kill their children.
    In a perfect world, people have the right to do whatever the heck they want, which doesn't necessarily free them from the repercussions of what other free individuals might do back to them, but removes the power that has been given to the government for which it has taken the proverbial inch and turned it into miles.

Perhaps if your feeble brain could wrap itself around the concept of actual freedom instead of wrapping itself around trees, you could be a better contributor to society instead of just being a doormat for the ones to whom you submit day after day. It's you who puts those chains around your neck and enable the ones who enslave you.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorrent View Post
    It's you who puts those chains around your neck and enable the ones who enslave you.
    Not sure what you mean.

... More than likely, you're one of the masses who does nothing but complain and submit at the same time while justifying it by saying "There's nothing I can do."
    What do you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by Lum View Post
    What do you suggest?
    I don't suggest anything seeing that I can only control my own actions. Although I do believe the first step of true freedom is realizing control over others requires the stripping of rights of others. Once you truly understand this concept, the rest falls in line. Unfortunately, you put yourself in a position of weakness as others won't agree and attempt to take advantage, but that's why you choose to be able to protect yourself.

I simply don't live in a fairy tale world where I believe I'm free at the moment. It's just a matter of building enough like-minded people in a numbers game where the goal isn't control, but lack thereof. Choice is the only thing that must be preserved, but not just yours... everyone's.

There must be something there, but I can't decipher what it is. I think you're referring to democrats. I might suggest you join the libertarian party or even become a democrat. They believe they can and should control everyone because they know what's best for everyone because they feel they got smarts, which is what you also seem to have or think you do. Not sure. Not that smart. Democrats seem to be exactly what Americans have always abhorred and tried to avoid. Virtually everything that has ever been bad for people and for society seems to have democrats' brand all over it -- everything.

Maybe your thread should be framed in those terms. If you do that, what then would be your question?