Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opinions wanted about this clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Lum View Post
    Well, how about a good ghost story then -- a personal account, or one you believe is true?
    That's part of the problem.

I don't.

Rain check?

Honestly, it's really freaking boring to anyone but me. A dog I had once came to visit me after several years of the dog having passed and me moving several times.

My grandmother visited me in a dream? Does that count? Meh.

None of that scares me or gives me the creeps. I'll tell you what does and has for a long time.. since childhood. Someone calling my name. I have heard people shouting my name too many times to count when there is no one around.
    Maybe I just need to be yelled at.
    Geraniums stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    That's part of the problem.

I don't.
    You don't what? Have personal accounts or believe them to be true?
    Geraniums stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    Honestly, it's really freaking boring to anyone but me. A dog I had once came to visit me after several years of the dog having passed and me moving several times.

My grandmother visited me in a dream? Does that count? Meh.

None of that scares me or gives me the creeps. I'll tell you what does and has for a long time.. since childhood. Someone calling my name. I have heard people shouting my name too many times to count when there is no one around.
    Maybe I just need to be yelled at.
    One thing that was bothering me at the time my dog died was whether or not it made any difference in the hereafter to be buried or cremated. On two occasions, he barked from the furnace.

My question was answered.

That's sort of like being called to from someone not there. In my case, it related directly to something I had been thinking about.

Did you recognize the voice(s) that called to you?

Remember sachem's story about her dead friend who called her at work? I believe her.

You don't what? Have personal accounts or believe them to be true?
    Yes.

To be fair though, I've been accused of being dense.

I could see myself being confronted by an actual demon, and I would still call bullshit.

I don't recall that story about Sachem.

Your dog barked from the furnace. Was that reassuring to you or scary? It breaks my heart.

No, I don't recognize the voices. Most of the times I think it's a man's voice, sometimes I was sure it was female. Sometimes couldn't distinguish. It hasn't happened for quite some time, for which I'm grateful. It's very unsettling.
    Geraniums stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post

I could see myself being confronted by an actual demon, and I would still call bullshit.
    Yeah, I know! Been there, sat on that.
    Geraniums stink.

I don't recall that story about Sachem.

Your dog barked from the furnace. Was that reassuring to you or scary? It breaks my heart.

No, I don't recognize the voices. Most of the times I think it's a man's voice, sometimes I was sure it was female. Sometimes couldn't distinguish. It hasn't happened for quite some time, for which I'm grateful. It's very unsettling.
    Why does it break your heart? He had cancer and was suffering, and had to be put down.

Just wondering if the voice calling you stopped before or after your marriage split up?

Yeah, sachem's best friend died, and then after some time had passed, called sachem at work to reassure her that she was all right.

Why does it break your heart? He had cancer and was suffering, and had to be put down.
    Because I have a weird over-emotional attachment to dogs.

Just wondering if the voice calling you stopped before or after your marriage split up?
    What is the reason for you wondering that?

Yeah, sachem's best friend died, and then after some time had passed, called sachem at work to reassure her that she was all right.
    Sachem heard her dead friend over the phone?

That's what I'm going to do when I die, if I die before Felicia. Gonna call her up and this is what she's going to hear:
    Geraniums stink.

Yeah, I know! Been there, sat on that.
    *snort*