Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mt. Everest

Quote Originally Posted by PTA! View Post
    Kinda like that fat Russian who grabbed his carry on before deboarding that plane crash and demanding reimbursement?
    Well, no. But that's interesting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbidden Wrath View Post
    Is the mountain okay?
    By all accounts, it's still 'there'.

Feeling like I’m at a masquerade ball.

im perplexed. if youve got that kind of money, wouldnt K-2 be a better climb? cheaper and less difficult due to less traffic.
    its akin to trying to lead a horse by holding a carrot near its butt..........it just aint gonna work

K-2 is technically a more difficult climb, but Everest is the legend. Tell someone you climbed K-2 and they well might ask you "what's that?" Annapurna is more difficult than Everest too, but tell someone that and they might you for her phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by Lum View Post
    K-2 is technically a more difficult climb, but Everest is the legend. Tell someone you climbed K-2 and they well might ask you "what's that?" Annapurna is more difficult than Everest too, but tell someone that and they might you for her phone number.
    Idk depends what social circles you’re in.
    No desire to go above a 14er.

Quote Originally Posted by El guap0 View Post
    By all accounts, it's still 'there'.
    Excellent. Well that's a load off. I was afraid that, what with all the conquering and shit, these idiots might destroy the poor mountain.
    ___,o` `.-''' ```-._.----.
    '----..__,,_________,,-..____,'
    (_\ (_\

In my view, if you survived such an ordeal, you were lucky, not skilful. Like running into traffic and not getting hit. Play the odds and sometimes you'll win.
    ___,o` `.-''' ```-._.----.
    '----..__,,_________,,-..____,'
    (_\ (_\