Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How Todd Went to Prison..

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    wat?
    you said wat. lol.

A bunch of the old school guys, and I know them, are kinda... Sketchy.

The new ones you list there exist now too. They have all the leather shit and they're why a Harley dealer won't sell me a shovel.

Because they can't deal with one and they're scared to sell to them.

So, both exist.

Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

I think I told you about my buddy with the masters degree who bought a Harley?

Like that.. He's the new generation..

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    A bunch of the old school guys, and I know them, are kinda... Sketchy.

The new ones you list there exist now too. They have all the leather shit and they're why a Harley dealer won't sell me a shovel.

Because they can't deal with one and they're scared to sell to them.

So, both exist.
    Dealers won't even bother with twin cams these days, noob. Dealerships and their service dpartments are geared entirely to new bikes.

Which is the milwaukee 8 nao.

Quote Originally Posted by El guap0 View Post
    Dealers won't even bother with twin cams these days, noob. Dealerships and their service dpartments are geared entirely to new bikes.
    This even applies to the independents.

I know one of them and his son. Been in business for decades..

He doesn't put them on the floor because if you sell a shovel or older to someone who can't work on it they'll just destroy it and blame him.

His exact words when I called him looking for one, same as the Harley dealers..

"I don't put those on the floor.. "

"You can't sell an older bike to just anyone.. I would sell a shovel to you, but not to just anyone. They'll just wreck it and blame me.."

And he's right about that, BTW.. It's not just dealers and money. They're different. The engineering is from 1965, they're worn out, and not just anybody can fix them.

I have the clutch out of mine right now. It is 4' in the air on my 10 thousand pound motorcycle lift.

They will put evos, occasionally, on the floor.. You can still find a lot of twin cams.

Here's a dealer local to me who I called first..

https://www.eastgateharley.com/Pre-o...03089?ref=list

It's kinda like windows. The factory no longer supports the shovelhead or Evo, etc., OS's. The indies handle later generation Harleys- evos n twin cams = because there is still a large aftermarket parts availability. Shovels...not so much. Obsolescence through industry progression.

Quote Originally Posted by El guap0 View Post
    It's kinda like windows. The factory no longer supports the shovelhead or Evo, etc., OS's. The indies handle later generation Harleys- evos n twin cams = because there is still a large aftermarket parts availability. Shovels...not so much. Obsolescence through industry progression.
    Yeah, they want you to buy a new bike.. I guess sales are flagging as GenM prefers to suck cock and ride public transportation, as opposed to taking up the Harley thing.