Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traveling

That was interesting... in a somewhat negative way.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    That was interesting... in a somewhat negative way.
    Lummy has asked me several times why I travel so much.
    The article wraps it up in a nutshell for me.

I asked you once.

But I would like to thank you now for taking time out of your busy existence to reply.

From your article:

At the risk of oversimplifying things, when everything was over, the folks that watched the good video of the street performer immediately felt happier, but after everyone had a chance to discuss their experiences, the group that had shared the collective experience of watching the inferior video together felt happier than those who watched the superior video but didn’t have the shared experience.
    Define "happy". Why would anyone feel "happier" watching a bad flick just because they're with others? Because they can remark on it and maybe joke no matter how bad it is.

There used to be a cable show, Mystery Science 3000, where a guy and a robot made wisecracks about really bad movies they were watching. It was sometimes very funny.

I think I bonded with the robot I was so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by PTA! View Post
    This is why everyone hates me. Thanks so much for confirmation!

Quote Originally Posted by Lum View Post
    I asked you once.

But I would like to thank you now for taking time out of your busy existence to reply.

From your article:

Define "happy". Why would anyone feel "happier" watching a bad flick just because they're with others? Because they can remark on it and maybe joke no matter how bad it is.

There used to be a cable show, Mystery Science 3000, where a guy and a robot made wisecracks about really bad movies they were watching. It was sometimes very funny.

Crow?

Quote Originally Posted by zachry ought View Post
    Crow?
    No, Mystery Science 3000.

I asked you once.

From your article:

Context.

Why do you think so many DLP posters could relate to your Costco nacho cheese story?
    Quote Originally Posted by zachry ought View Post
    This is why everyone hates me. Thanks so much for confirmation!
    No sunshine, Iím disliked because of my sparkling agreeable docile personality.