Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another perspective on the influx of immigrants.

Another perspective on the influx of immigrants.

Illegal immigration at the United States-Mexico border for last month surpassed every month of May under the Bush and Obama administrations, taking the U.S. back to a level of border crossings not seen since President Bill Clinton.
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ted-this-year/
    Wait a minute ... What?

Not since May 2000 has the country seen this level of illegal immigration heading into the summer. In May 2000, more than 166,000 border apprehensions were made at the southern border.
    I don't recall any such deluge, but this somewhat changes my view of what is going on down there, or at least raises questions.

It also seems to me that news of importance -- the news you need to know -- is whatever the media says it is. And that means that we're all media marionettes to one degree or another.

According to this document the numbers from Central America and Asia of illegal immigrants are rising and Mexico has decreased in the past 10 years.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...pulation-2017/

Quote Originally Posted by Lum View Post
    Wait a minute ... What?

I don't recall any such deluge, but this somewhat changes my view of what is going on down there, or at least raises questions.

It also seems to me that news of importance -- the news you need to know -- is whatever the media says it is. And that means that we're all media marionettes to one degree or another.
    Got any African refugees up by you, yet?

They are all over the place, yes. Yesterday I was in a $1 store. Couldn't understand a word of the African language spoken.

This is what happens when America-hating Democrats put a nigger in the white house. It soon isn't your country anymore. Worse, it isn't anyone's country anymore or ever again.

This is what happens when America-hating Democrats put a nigger in the white house. It soon isn't your country anymore. Worse, it isn't anyone's country anymore or ever again.
    Really I would blame Congress, not Obama. The president can change the country's opinion on immigration, but there's not much else they can do. Our laws are weak and Congress keeps insisting on throwing in some amnesty crap in every immigration bill (I do give credit to Trump for denying Congress this opportunity though; I'm actually okay with this gridlock because I'm more anti-amnesty than I am pro-wall). Ironically, I think Obama discouraged illegal immigrants from coming here because of his consistently mediocre economy.
    Last edited by Eric Cartman; 06-16-2019 at 11:21 PM.

Obama deserves prison. That's just a fact. Our laws are not weak. They are not consistently enforced.

Obama deserves prison. That's just a fact. Our laws are not weak. They are not consistently enforced.
    I'm not entirely certain there's a difference. To speak of laws, sans any expectation of enforcement, surely amounts to some glaring judicial deficit, nein?
    ___,o` `.-''' ```-._.----.
    '----..__,,_________,,-..____,'
    (_\ (_\

Quote Originally Posted by Unbidden Wrath View Post
    I'm not entirely certain there's a difference. To speak of laws, sans any expectation of enforcement, surely amounts to some glaring judicial deficit, nein?
    Lame to use UW username/avatar, Cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by PTA! View Post
    Lame to use UW username/avatar, Cotton.
    Again with this?
    ___,o` `.-''' ```-._.----.
    '----..__,,_________,,-..____,'
    (_\ (_\