Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rivero has a theory on the ridiculous Facrbook IPO.

Quote Originally Posted by cotton View Post
    Forget the art and diamonds but for mom and pop america and imo real estate is a good place for money at this time....economies are cyclical and money only cycles thru one or two pigeon holes for so long. At some point pent up demand takes root and once the ball starts bouncing the rest of the money soon follows in a combo of spec etc...
    You exhausted the pool of buyers with easy money and then trapped them in losing situation.....baby boomers are starting to die and head to old folk homes, construction booming there, which will leave you with even more excess supply. How many college kids have so much debt they'll never be player in housing market?

Careful, it might go off! cotton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Froman View Post
    You exhausted the pool of buyers with easy money and then trapped them in losing situation.....baby boomers are starting to die and head to old folk homes, construction booming there, which will leave you with even more excess supply. How many college kids have so much debt they'll never be player in housing market?
    Good morning and very few actually. The ones who accrue debt by obtaining college degrees are most likely the very ones who at some time be competing for space in the housing market. Over and beyond that much of the money I was referring to was the same money you were alluding to which was money that is earmarked for investment was is not? You were speaking of allocation allotment that had dropped from 76 to 46% in the equity markets from the 1% were you not? As for "supply" from "boomers" you do understand that real estate is made up of much more than just single family dwellings don't you?.....now back to your "so much debt they'll never be a player in the housing market" statement....that's so damn funny I may not need my coffee to get started today...lmfao...
    Last edited by cotton; 05-21-2012 at 05:52 AM.
    Its funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    I dunno if I agree with it.. But it's a novel theory to explain all the excitement that's been ginned up over essentially nothing.
    A lot of this is because Morgan and others were the underwriters in this. IOW they pay the price for the shares X the $38 offering price and then offer it to the public. Therefore it is in their best interest to keep the share price up if they can. It may be manipulation but the word "manipulation" tends to always be used in a demonized sense. If it was my money, your money or our money we would be using any means at our disposal to protect the interest of our other monies as well. It would not only be the best thing to do, it would be right thing to do at the time. Only in hindsight would one be able to tell if it was a decision of good money chasing bad etc...However, the real decision was made at the time one decided to underwrite or not to underwrite to IPO of Facebook. If it was my decision to make I would have assuredly decided to underwrite the IPO of FB but I would have also spread the risk among my peers in the industry. Underwriting is a huge business and firms like Morgan are in the business to underwrite.

Quote Originally Posted by cotton View Post
    Good morning and very few actually. The ones who accrue debt by obtaining college degrees are most likely the very ones who at some time be competing for space in the housing market. Over and beyond that much of the money I was referring to was the same money you were alluding to which was money that is earmarked for investment was is not? You were speaking of allocation allotment that had dropped from 76 to 46% in the equity markets from the 1% were you not? As for "supply" from "boomers" you do understand that real estate is made up of much more than just single family dwellings don't you?.....now back to your "so much debt they'll never be a player in the housing market" statement....that's so damn funny I may not need my coffee to get started today...lmfao...
    And they'll be avoiding for same reason they are avoiding stocks....its got further to go down.....

Blog Entries
    And they'll be avoiding for same reason they are avoiding stocks....its got further to go down.....
    What you have to remember is that its not so much a stock market....but a "market of stocks"....What person ABC does in security DEF is not relevant to person GHI if his money is in equity JKL and vice versa. It's just not. I understand what you're saying but you need to understand what I'm saying as well. We are not debating, we are sharing...

Facebook resembles a concentration camp; the Jew-run service tries to keep tabs on the delusional white population that is signed up to it.

SHUT UP, STUPID.

Blog Entries
    You remind me of Gilbert Failsmuch. I would ask you "How did you develop that notion " but since the stock has rallied to almost $200 a share with a market cap of 500 bn plus and quarterly earnings of about $4 billion are what's called "something of value ". That's about $40 million per day, or breaks down to about $1.6 million per hour. From a low of under $20 this is a perfect example of why peeps as you don't cash in on these markets. It has little to do with earnings and more about the risk reward of competing asset classes, the trend and shorted interests that can only stand the heat of a short squeeze for so long amd eventually close the position . That can only be done with a buy order for a like amount. Iow, a negative opinion correlates to an eventual buyer. Those are the dynamics peeps like you have no clue in regards to. Think a bit or even better don't go to the dentist and pull your own teeth. In similar fashion why would you think any of your silly notions have merit ?
    Last edited by cotton; 01-11-2018 at 04:02 AM.