Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do People Hate Unions So Much

Why Do People Hate Unions So Much

It seems like a lot of people have a kind of fanatical hatred for unions, that borders on insane. What is with that?

Most of the men I know who have union jobs appreciate the pay, working conditions and general respect they recieve. Their non-union counterparts generally fair significantly worse than they do.

Hence, unless you are some big employer, what the freak is your beef?

CAN YOU READ?

My issue with some unions...though not all...is that they have become leeches on the system...the union bosses sometimes make as much as CEOs, and CEOs are often robber barons, nowadays. Unions have a point, but they've become corrupt, and in many cases, leech off of those they're supposed to protect, and the companies, too. If they took only a fair wage for their limited work...less, certainly, than that of those actually doing the work...I wouldn't have so much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Ferrigno View Post
    It seems like a lot of people have a kind of fanatical hatred for unions, that borders on insane. What is with that?

Most of the men I know who have union jobs appreciate the pay, working conditions and general respect they recieve. Their non-union counterparts generally fair significantly worse than they do.

Hence, unless you are some big employer, what the freak is your beef?
    Because while they save their own asses and jobs, and ensure they get pay raises and benefits they destroy companies and jobs for other people. The demands they have sometimes out weigh the capabilities of a company, They are like a fucking cancer when they invade a company, they spread and kill. The Original idea of a Union, back when it was necessary was a good idea, but just like anything else that started out as a good idea it has been manipulated and taken advantage of. And they are extremely corrupt now. It matters to the common person because weather you see it or not, they affect politics and so much more in this country.

UNIONS ARE CARTELS, AND THEY ARE AS SELFISHLY DESTRUCTIVE AS ANY OTHER CARTEL.

THEY EVENTUALLY PUT THEIR MEMBERS PERMANENTLY OUT OF A JOB BY FORCING AUTOMATION, FLIGHT FOR SURVIVAL, OR OUTRIGHT DESTROYING THE

INDUSTRY THEY FEED UPON.

UNIONS NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN SPECIAL STATUS UNDER LAW.

NO ONE HAS ANY RIGHT TO FORCE AN EMPLOYER TO HIRE OR RETAIN HIM, HER, OR IT.... LET ALONE TO DICTATE THE TERMS OF THAT EMPLOYMENT.
    Last edited by Kleinbok; 02-25-2011 at 09:04 AM.

EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY SPECIFIC EMPLOYMENT, OR ANY SPECIFIC OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT, FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

Unions really came obsolete when OSHA was created. Their original intent was for safety purposes. I understand the typical response to a corporation would be a Union. However, it seems that Unions have just become a big business and some seem to promote laziness.
    "I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent."

-Thomas Jefferson

I have worked for fortune 500 companies all my life and never have (and probably never will) belong to a union. My employer pays a competitive wage and benefits for the purpose of retaining qualified people, not because some superfluous union told them to. Supply and demand of qualified workers - everybody wins.
    "I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent."

-Thomas Jefferson