Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh laughs while Lear Capital cheats dittoheads.

Rush Limbaugh laughs while Lear Capital cheats dittoheads.

COMPLAINTS AGAINST LEAR CAPITAL are everywhere: El Rushbo laughs!
    It seems LEAR CAPITAL loves to take advantage of senior citizens or should I say seasoned citizens as Rush Limbaugh would put it. How can anyone believe what comes out of that clever and glib huckster's lying mouth. The guy is nothing but a sham and operates one scam after another. He gets huge kick backs for all the cheating and con-artistry that goes over the mindless idiots that listen to his 3hr. circus act.,
    Lear Capital
    Complaint 167293 Details

•Thumbs down
    •Flag XWhat is the reason for this flag? (limit 2000 chars)

•Date Occurred: 10/14/2012
    •Reported Damages: $45,000.00

In September of 2009, my mother-in-law contacted Lear to buy gold after seeing their ads on Fox News. She and her invalid husband are living on social security and whatever income they can generate from their assets.

2. That same month, she purchased 47 numismatic gold coins from Lear in two installments for $108,719. Of this amount, $21,775 was the "spread" that represented the difference between her purchase price and Lear Capital's cost, which is approximately 25%.

3. The spot market price for gold at that time was just shy of $1,000 per ounce.

4. On Saturday, September 22, 2012, Lear informed us they would repurchase her coins for $61,841. The price of gold this week closed around $1,784. So, backing out Lear's "spread", her original investment had a market value of $86,944, and is now down to $61,841, which comes to a drop of 29%, without even factoring in the spread she paid for. During the same period, the spot market price of gold rose to $1784, which is an increase of 78%.

My mother-in-law is not a sophisticated investor, and had never heard of investing in numismatic gold coins until she called Lear. I have little doubt that their transaction was technicallyl legal, and that they gave her all of the requisite disclosures/fine print to protect their interests. I'm more interested in the ethical aspects of this business. They sold speculative gold coins to an elderly person living on social security with few liquid assets, yet apparently advised her to consider numismatic gold coins, when all she called for was gold.

Most amazing to me, when we called Lear with the simple request to tell us what the coin portfolio was worth, they went into "sales mode", stressing the uncertain economy, the coming election, the Fed's printing of money, etc. I recognize that fear is a prime tool that such outfits use in their sales pitch, especially to elderly prospects such as my mother-in-law, but I confess: I was truly amazed.

Careful, it might go off! cotton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I cant believe anyone would be stupid enough to engage on an investment based on an ad they saw on tv/radio. Until you came along I didnt realize there were so many fools practically begging to be seperated from their money.
    "Everything is beautiful in its own way"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by submiturass View Post
    caveat emptor

that's very true but keep in mind that limbaugh has a huge fan club and for that reason millions are tricked and deceived by this slob.

They believe that if they advertise on the limbaugh show ,they must be honest likle El rushbo. The only problem is that rush only cares about the cash. The dittoheads are a means to an end;a resource to be mined and exploited.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Fallgelb View Post
    that's very true but keep in mind that limbaugh has a huge fan club and for that reason millions are tricked and deceived by this slob.

They believe that if they advertise on the limbaugh show ,they must be honest likle El rushbo. The only problem is that rush only cares about the cash. The dittoheads are a means to an end;a resource to be mined and exploited.
    just remember though "although these prices are set on global Futures exchanges if youre a Rush listener you can get cut in on a special deal. Hurry, while supplies last"! You fucking retard. My guess is you put up 25k and youve now been seperated from about half of it. Am I close?

Blog Entries
    Gilbert....in the future go to one of the"big three" firms and work with a professional. Clearly state your investment objectives, risk tolerance (emotional and financial), try to gain an understanding of exactly what youre investing in and why. Expect to pay either a seperate transaction fee for everything you do or a set fee that you are charged annually based on your account value. Take the latter and its known as "fee based". In that manner everyone has the same objective which is increasing the value of your account. The account exec then has a vested interest himself. If his fee is 2% its in his best to turn your 100k or whatever into 150k as he gets a %. If you learned your lesson with Lear it might save you in the long run.

One day Limbaugh will quit the gig he's been playing on the masses for 30 years ;he will retire ,laughing at the jerks who supported his con and national scam ,and he'll quietly slam the door shut behind him and that will be that. he'll be free to count the hundreds of millions that he made ,working for the jews and ripping off the exceptional americans living in the midst of American exceptionalism.

can you find another people as stupid?

Blog Entries
    I like Rush. He's one of the last American heroes. Not afraid to speak the truth. Not afraid to call Sandra Fluke the slut she is. Not afraid to call a goober smoocher a faggot. Not afraid to call a dumbass a dumbass. We need more just like him.

Rush isn't a hero, he's a blowhard. That said, he has a right to speak his mind like everyone else. The fact that he causes Gilbert to have a multi-daily meltdown is disturbing. Turn off your radio, Gilbert, and he'll be gone.
    I'm an Independent - Because BOTH parties are fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by PTA View Post
    If Trump wins, I'll leave DLP.
    Quote Originally Posted by PTA View Post
    I'm willing to pay triple the price for *igger *ick in mouth.