Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Why be a Republican, and why bother to vote?

Question Why be a Republican, and why bother to vote?

..business groups believe there is a real chance to raise the [Federal, gas] tax in the final two years of the Obama administration.

“.. a growing recognition that the gas tax is a fair and consistent way to fund our infrastructure needs,” Association of Equipment Manufacturers spokesman Michael O’Brien said in an interview on Thursday."

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...r-gas-tax-hike
    They're just shameless about the rent seeking now.. Immigration, Obamacare, Green Regs..

It's a golden age for crony big business. They've never had it so good.

Look how arrogant they are? Not even afraid to suggest taxing the whole country in the hopes of getting a few % thrown their way..

It REALLY PAINS ME TO SAY THIS, but: How can you oppose "welfare" when you hand it out like water to business groups, yet carp about the citizenry when they need a little help?

I know how that sounds, but look at the facts? At least the Democrats are consistent here. They'll spend money and dump it on anybody they think needs it, or who they need to win elections. Donors? Wall Street? Unions? Illegals? Middle class? Poor? They don't care. They print money like mad and throw bones to everyone in their wake. It's stupid and unsustainable, but it's fairly consistent.

Meanwhile, Republicans preach strict fiscal discipline for everyone, even the least and most needy among us.. Then lavish taxpayer dollars on their donors. The rest of us are just enslaved to serve groups like this "Association of Equipment Manufacturers" while they must about cutting SS and Medicare..

What kind of sucker's bet is this? Why be a Republican or bother to vote for them?

If I knew we were just going to screw everyone for the sake of big business and the donor class, I'd have stayed home.

Some old things are lovely..
    Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

Because democrats suck ass and are destroying the country.

Democrats used to be the party that wanted to tax and spend, now it's RINOs like Boehner, McCain, McConnel...

Correct me if I am wrong (because it happens) but wasn't the stimulus bill that passed shortly after OdumbestNigger was sworn into office supposed to fix all the roads and bridges? Weren't those the "shovel ready" jobs we were told about?
    I am a loner. A destroyed woman. A woman destroyed by people... I have a choice - to kill myself or to kill others. I choose TO PAY BACK MY HATERS. It would be too easy to leave this world as an unknown suicide victim. Society is too indifferent, rightly so. My verdict is: I, Olga Hepnarová, the victim of your bestiality, sentence you to death.

They're all crooks.

I find myself dropping out, more and more.
    “Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy but where are they.” –Plutarch, Sayings of the Spartans

PA just raised the gas tax 10 cents per gallon. We have one of the highest rates in the nation, and some of the worst roads.
    “Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy but where are they.” –Plutarch, Sayings of the Spartans

Quote Originally Posted by Jeshu View Post
    PA just raised the gas tax 10 cents per gallon. We have one of the highest rates in the nation, and some of the worst roads.
    The price of oil is going down resulting in lower gas prices which means the consumer can afford the higher taxes. I am sure that they will roll back the increase in gas tax if the price per barrel of oil increases.
    I am a loner. A destroyed woman. A woman destroyed by people... I have a choice - to kill myself or to kill others. I choose TO PAY BACK MY HATERS. It would be too easy to leave this world as an unknown suicide victim. Society is too indifferent, rightly so. My verdict is: I, Olga Hepnarová, the victim of your bestiality, sentence you to death.

They don't spend the money on the roads. Welfare forever......Corporate as well a useless eater.
    Death Of Jesus on Wednesday-Three days in the grave-Rose from the grave Saturday evening BY Sunset!
    Year-Vernal Equinox-Astronomical New Moon-Conjunction-First evening of visible crescent- Date of the first of Nisan-14th day of Nisan (Passover)

28 A.D.- Mon. Mar. 22, noon- Tues. Apr. 13, 2 p.m.- Wed. Apr. 14- Thurs. Apr.15- Wed. Apr. 28

Luke 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Very typical. They tax fuel and charge tolls under the guise of road maintenance but then spend the money elsewhere. How much of you tobacco taxes do you really think got to smoking cessation and healthcare?

You guys are about to get " GRUBERED " AGAIN , DAMN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ​Im'a goin south , way down , appalachicola way

Democrats are forthright progs, Republicans pretend to not be progs to get votes. That is the only difference.
    "I think one man is just as good as long as he’s honest and decent and not a nigger or a Chinaman." - Harry Truman