Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Why be a Republican, and why bother to vote?

Quote Originally Posted by okpstman View Post
    Here the city inspectors can't even write tickets.

They can only withhold inspection stickers........

They're pretty limited really. Most of them just try to be helpful, so they'll be considered relevant and able to keep their job.

I think they can FINE the electrical company, if THEY hook up to something non-inspected.

But they can't write up the electricians doing work......they can only 'advise' them, (and deny the electrical company access to the site).

So I guess they got some stroke.
    On new construction they can deny a Certificate of Occupancy, you pretty much have to suck their dicks in that case. But I doubt she could have done much considering my situation.

I have some good experiences with inspectors....not many, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    On new construction they can deny a Certificate of Occupancy, you pretty much have to suck their dicks in that case. But I doubt she could have done much considering my situation.

I have some good experiences with inspectors....not many, though.
    IMVHO, the farther NORTH you go.....the more dickhead AHJ's you meet.

All of them in Louisiana and Alabama were cool.

75% of them in Ohio, were dicks.

IMVHO, the farther NORTH you go.....the more dickhead AHJ's you meet.

All of them in Louisiana and Alabama were cool.

75% of them in Ohio, were dicks.
    New York is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    New York is even worse.
    I had almost no trouble out of New York. Of course I only did two jobs there.

One of them was a fat dyke city inspector....who was about to get married. She didn't give a FUCK what I did......only came by like twice to drop off a stack of green stickers. lol

The other was an old man, who was just happy that they were getting a bigger walmart.

Ohio tho........Total dicks.

I had almost no trouble out of New York. Of course I only did two jobs there.

One of them was a fat dyke city inspector....who was about to get married. She didn't give a FUCK what I did......only came by like twice to drop off a stack of green stickers. lol

The other was an old man, who was just happy that they were getting a bigger walmart.

Ohio tho........Total dicks.
    Yeah, a lot of dicks in Ohio. The good guys move away from there increasing the dick ratio per capita.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    Why be a Republican, and why bother to vote?
    Because conservatives want to keep this nation full of choices. They want options picked out by citizens in the stead of the government dictating preferred "options",...

...and conservatives want to keep it very well protected, and of course keep it fiscally responsible, all the while keeping some measure of American citizen privacy,...

...while liberals have already piped monies straight out of the country for years and initiated programs that weakened our military and our industrial complex just as they have promoted the spread of more welfare programs worldwide when we already have plenty.

Also, Democrats have packaged up a PPACA program when what people really wanted back in the time of McCain vs Obama was prescription pill cost bubble reform.

And it's pretty much impossible to beat me in an argument online about anything so go for it.

"All right, whatever happens, let's be professionals." ~ Dr. Peter Venkman

Careful, it might go off! cotton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I remember dealing with a group of cotton farmers in Texas......and visiting with them.

They were PAID by the feds, to spray to prevent a certain weed from growing (a weed that's never been FOUND in the US, btw)........

They were also then able to SELL their spray (that they didn't use), back to the chemical company, and basically double their money, then double it again.

The farmers of course, LOVED it.

Their big bitch about the government? They were sick to death of working their asses off, to pay for welfare niggers in NYC.

It makes you physically fucking ill, to even try to wrap your head around the hypocrisy of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mossfern View Post
    I'm curious why as a liberal you gave this a thumbs up. For the record I'm against the subsidies given to the agri community. It makes farmers lax in their marketing and lends itself to lower prices via overproduction. I wish the govt would get out of farming. If they do my hedging business from Agri would rise dramatically as farmers could no linger be lax and would have to do everything in their power to swim, not sink. Another plus is that since agri prices would rise it would push up the value of farm land. Now for the consumer. It would raise the price of food in a dramatic fashion. It would also narrow down to mostly corporate farming as many farmers would sink, not swim. The people that rent our farm would never make it if I personally wasn't in charge or the hedging and marketing (that's why they don't have their own farm and have to rent from us). It's to our interest to do that because we are paid crop rent as opposed to per acre. Honestly, the beneficiaries would mostly be land owners, commodity brokers and corporate farming. The loser would be consumers and small family owned self employed producers. It goes unsaid it would hurt the most the ones that could least afford it, low income households. That being said, I'm curious as to why you gave it a thumbs up..
    Its funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious..

Quote Originally Posted by cotton View Post

I'm curious why as a liberal you gave this a thumbs up. For the record I'm against the subsidies given to the agri community. It makes farmers lax in their marketing and lends itself to lower prices via overproduction. I wish the govt would get out of farming. If they do my hedging business from Agri would rise dramatically as farmers could no linger be lax and would have to do everything in their power to swim, not sink. Another plus is that since agri prices would rise it would push up the value of farm land. Now for the consumer. It would raise the price of food in a dramatic fashion. It would also narrow down to mostly corporate farming as many farmers would sink, not swim. The people that rent our farm would never make it if I personally wasn't in charge or the hedging and marketing (that's why they don't have their own farm and have to rent from us). It's to our interest to do that because we are paid crop rent as opposed to per acre. Honestly, the beneficiaries would mostly be land owners, commodity brokers and corporate farming. The loser would be consumers and small family owned self employed producers. It goes unsaid it would hurt the most the ones that could least afford it, low income households. That being said, I'm curious as to why you gave it a thumbs up..
    Thanks for your explanation, it's not so much government subsidies for small family farmers, but the subsidies to the chemical companies that is annoying. What I find astonishing is the farmers' complaint about those getting subsidies (welfare?) in the cities. I'm not talking about welfare abuse, but the assistance given to the truly needy.
    "...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion."

]Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

Careful, it might go off! cotton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossfern View Post
    Thanks for your explanation, it's not so much government subsidies for small family farmers, but the subsidies to the chemical companies that is annoying. What I find astonishing is the farmers' complaint about those getting subsidies (welfare?) in the cities. I'm not talking about welfare abuse, but the assistance given to the truly needy.
    farmers work very hard. in season it's from dawn to however long it takes. its also very capital intensive. they take the aforementioned and compare it to people being paid to pop out babies.
    Its funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious..

Quote Originally Posted by cotton View Post
    farmers work very hard. in season it's from dawn to however long it takes. its also very capital intensive. they take the aforementioned and compare it to people being paid to pop out babies.
    Gatherers worked hard also.

In ancient times those farmers that learned how to domesticate and manage animals just rigged or harness-pulled a large animal with hooves and a decent weight down a line of fertile soil while throwing or spreading fanned-out seeds under it. The animals stomped the seed into the ground as they were pulled along and then later eventually water was brought to the land either by carrying it or irrigation and that's how those olde-thymer dumbasses used aminal majick to make plants grow and stuff.
    "All right, whatever happens, let's be professionals." ~ Dr. Peter Venkman