+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Couple sues Rent-A-Center, police over gun report arrest

Couple sues Rent-A-Center, police over gun report arrest

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/couple...203927108.html
    Tyrie Sheppard and Sade Fallin say the Rent-A-Center workers went to their home in Wilkinsburg, near Pittsburgh, on Dec. 27 to repossess a bed and refrigerator after the couple missed a payment. The couple contends they owed less than $200, missed the payment only because she gave birth to their child days before and already had a court date scheduled to resolve the matter when Rent-A-Center workers arrived.

During the confrontation, the workers called police claiming Sheppard had a gun, and he was arrested and jailed for five days on charges of simple assault, reckless endangerment, obstructing law enforcement and disorderly conduct, the lawsuit and online court records show.

The couple said the workers removed all the food from their refrigerator and left it on their kitchen floor, and that police broke down both exterior doors, leaving them with no way to secure the residence. As a result, Fallin said she spent a couple of days in a motel until she could find somewhere else to stay with the newborn and another child, who was about 18 months old.

"On top of all that, the police threatened to take the kids away if they didn't tell them where this fictional gun was at," their attorney Timothy O'Brien said Thursday.
    No gun was found, of course.....because there wasn't one.

Charges dismissed......5 days in jail......house torn to shit......because the police were 'told' there was gun there.

We will no longer surrender this country, or its people, to the false song of globalism. President Donald Trump

That's excessive even if he DID have a gun. The man has a right own a gun. The justice system is broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by PTA View Post
    I'm going to find a real forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    lol.

Losta luck, Mister.

99% of the places out there will ban your troll BS in under 10 seconds.

"Mon cher Billy, tu es un homme plus masculin, est tres beau, aussi. Son organ masculin c'est incroyable, plus enorme, tous les dames sont tailler un pipe."

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    That's excessive even if he DID have a gun. The man has a right own a gun. The justice system is broken.
    Completely broken.

We will no longer surrender this country, or its people, to the false song of globalism. President Donald Trump

LOL-Banned
    "...where this fictional gun was at,"

This is a quote from their lawyer?
    Sounds to me like they MIGHT be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Saara View Post
    "...where this fictional gun was at,"

This is a quote from their lawyer?
    Sounds to me like they MIGHT be in trouble
    Which 'they'?

LOL-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by okpstman View Post
    Which 'they'?
    The people being charged.
    One might expect a Lawyer to be a bit more articulate than “where the fictional Gun was at”
    More like “The whereabouts of the non existent gun”
    Not trying to be a jerk or snob or elitist, but that would be how I want my lawyer to talk

that would be how I want my lawyer to talk that would be how I want my lawyer to talk that would be how I want my lawyer to talk that would be how I want my lawyer to talk that would be how I want my lawyer to talk
    lol-band

One might expect a Lawyer to be a bit more articulate than “where the fictional Gun was at”
    Not trying to be a jerk or snob or elitist, but that would be how I want my lawyer to talk
    That entire post is retarded and pointless.

Keep your troll shit to the lobby area.

"On top of all that, the police threatened to take the kids away if they didn't tell them where this fictional gun was at," their attorney Timothy O'Brien said Thursday.

He's repeating what the police said.

Do you think the police said "TELL US THE whereabouts of the gun!!"?

Quote Originally Posted by okpstman View Post

He's repeating what the police said.

Do you think the police said "TELL US THE whereabouts of the gun!!"?
    So now cops can take away your kids if you own a gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by PTA View Post
    I'm going to find a real forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoffa_X View Post
    lol.

Losta luck, Mister.

99% of the places out there will ban your troll BS in under 10 seconds.

"Mon cher Billy, tu es un homme plus masculin, est tres beau, aussi. Son organ masculin c'est incroyable, plus enorme, tous les dames sont tailler un pipe."

+ Reply to Thread