Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177
Results 1,761 to 1,765 of 1765

Thread: What's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Thank you - I have eaten the golden beets in restaurants.
    Today they were in the market and so I will have to see how they are when I prepare them.
    Have you ever tried spiced pickled beets? I used to make them for my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Persia View Post
    Have you ever tried spiced pickled beets? I used to make them for my family.
    I have eaten sweet pickled beets...is that what you mean?
    How do you make your beets spicy...you dip a finger in them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I have eaten sweet pickled beets...is that what you mean?
    How do you make your beets spicy...you dip a finger in them?
    Ooh, you charmer! Actually, I use my gramma's recipe which requires I add cinnamon and cloves to the sweetened liquid. After canning them, let the jars of beets sit about six weeks before opening, in order for the flavour to permeate the beets. Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by Persia View Post
    Ooh, you charmer! Actually, I use my gramma's recipe which requires I add cinnamon and cloves to the sweetened liquid. After canning them, let the jars of beets sit about six weeks before opening, in order for the flavour to permeate the beets. Yum.
    I like cinnamon in stews whether chicken with green beans or regular beef stew and especially in Greek meatballs. (Slurp)

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I like cinnamon in stews whether chicken with green beans or regular beef stew and especially in Greek meatballs. (Slurp)
    I have never heard of this. Sounds intruiging. Now I have to search for recipes, particularly Greek meatballs.